Senior Member

Default Hey Harry..

Just watching CNN. Robert Reich is saying the secret ballot makes it
possible for companies to intimidate workers?? Can you explain how
not knowing how someone votes can create intimidation, and going to
their homes, with their wives and children home with a ballot and
asking them to check off a box in front of union thugs doesn't ??
How can anybody actually fall for that line of ****??

On Nov 24, 10:13 pm, BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
Just watching CNN. Robert Reich is saying the secret ballot makes it
possible for companies to intimidate workers?? Can you explain how
not knowing how someone votes can create intimidation, and going to
their homes, with their wives and children home with a ballot and
asking them to check off a box in front of union thugs doesn't ??
How can anybody actually fall for that line of ****??

Read up a little on corporate union busting and get back to me.

I guess next you will want to have members of the DNC accompany all
voters into the voting booth to ensure that they vote properly. Or that
they fill out the ballot in from of DNC election judges.

If a secret ballot is good for electing public officials then it is good
for determining whether the workers want to unionize. It's not like a
criminal trial where a unanimous verdict is needed for a conviction.

He says "Union busting" like its a bad thing. According to Dems if
you dont like the GM bailout you are a union buster.

Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
[...]

snerk

Your problem is that the unions can't convince the workers that they
would be better off being represented by a bunch of corrupt criminals,
therefore, you need to be able to coerce them into voting for the union.

What I find amazing is that unions operate under the assumption that
they should have a monopoly on the labor force but, the big bad company
can't have a monopoly on the jobs.

If you don't want the job the company is offering don't take the job.
I've turned down job offers many times. I've turned down job offers for
higher pay and better benefits. Twice the companies that offered me the
jobs were out of business within a year.

On Nov 24, 8:47*pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
Just watching CNN. Robert Reich is saying the secret ballot makes it
possible for companies to intimidate workers?? *Can you explain how
not knowing how someone votes can create intimidation, and going to
their homes, with their wives and children home with a ballot and
asking them to check off a box in front of union thugs doesn't ??
How can anybody actually fall for that line of ****??

Read up a little on corporate union busting and get back to me.

Words of advice coming from the goose-stepping neo-crat?
Senior Member

On Nov 25, 4:51*am, wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:47*pm, Boater wrote:

wrote:
Just watching CNN. Robert Reich is saying the secret ballot makes it
possible for companies to intimidate workers?? *Can you explain how
not knowing how someone votes can create intimidation, and going to
their homes, with their wives and children home with a ballot and
asking them to check off a box in front of union thugs doesn't ??
How can anybody actually fall for that line of ****??

Read up a little on corporate union busting and get back to me.

Words of advice coming from the goose-stepping neo-crat?

Well, you notice he has no answer at all.. Fact is, there is no answer
that fits his agenda so he deflects...

On Nov 24, 10:13*pm, BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
wrote:
Just watching CNN. Robert Reich is saying the secret ballot makes it
possible for companies to intimidate workers?? *Can you explain how
not knowing how someone votes can create intimidation, and going to
their homes, with their wives and children home with a ballot and
asking them to check off a box in front of union thugs doesn't ??
How can anybody actually fall for that line of ****??

Read up a little on corporate union busting and get back to me.

I guess next you will want to have members of the DNC accompany all
voters into the voting booth to ensure that they vote properly. Or that
they fill out the ballot in from of DNC election judges.

If a secret ballot is good for electing public officials then it is good
for determining whether the workers want to unionize. It's not like a
criminal trial where a unanimous verdict is needed for a conviction.

Harry can't answer a question unless it's a lie.

Yo - Harry... Short Wave Sportfishing General 9 February 12th 07 03:12 PM
Yo Harry! JohnH General 9 August 28th 06 06:02 PM
Thanks for tip Harry ... Harry Krause General 1 September 20th 04 05:05 PM
Hey Harry Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 September 8th 04 01:09 AM
Hey Harry.... Short Wave Sportfishing General 6 September 5th 04 10:05 PM