Default Yo - Harry...

Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

It's got two DVI ports, I think. To my eyes, with their crappy close up
vision, they both looked alike, and my DVI cable fit right into one.

Here it is, if the link works:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=172&grp=3

Harry Krause wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

It's got two DVI ports, I think. To my eyes, with their crappy close up
vision, they both looked alike, and my DVI cable fit right into one.

Here it is, if the link works:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=172&grp=3

Excellent. I was curious if you went with analog vs digital.

What kind of display did you get?

Harry Krause wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

It's got two DVI ports, I think. To my eyes, with their crappy close
up vision, they both looked alike, and my DVI cable fit right into one.

Here it is, if the link works:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=172&grp=3

Excellent. I was curious if you went with analog vs digital.

What kind of display did you get?

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I should
do with the other port. Rent it out?

Harry Krause wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

It's got two DVI ports, I think. To my eyes, with their crappy close
up vision, they both looked alike, and my DVI cable fit right into one.

Here it is, if the link works:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=172&grp=3

Excellent. I was curious if you went with analog vs digital.

What kind of display did you get?

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I should
do with the other port. Rent it out?

That's very comparable to the NEC I purchased.

I don't know what I'm going to do with that huge
screen. :)

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Excellent. I was curious if you went with analog vs digital.

What kind of display did you get?

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I
should do with the other port. Rent it out?

That's very comparable to the NEC I purchased.

I don't know what I'm going to do with that huge
screen. :)

It will only look big for a week or two, then it will just seem normal,
and you will want a larger monitor.

It is very similar to the two foot rule of boats.

Harry Krause wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Curious - on your new video card, did you get
it DVI capable or are you still in the analog
world?

It's got two DVI ports, I think. To my eyes, with their crappy close up
vision, they both looked alike, and my DVI cable fit right into one.

Here it is, if the link works:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/produ...gpid=172&grp=3

Excellent. I was curious if you went with analog vs digital.

What kind of display did you get?

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I should
do with the other port. Rent it out?

That's very comparable to the NEC I purchased.

I don't know what I'm going to do with that huge
screen. :)

My son ordered and received a Samsung Syncmaster 225 BW...... a 22" LCD
monitor for his computer.
He was excited to show it to me..but all I see him do is play those silly
'shoot 'em up' games.
I have to squeeze him for the pittance I charge for room & board but he
always has lots of money for liquor or gaming hardware.

Harry Krause wrote:

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I should
do with the other port. Rent it out?

Dual monitors? (I use 2 at work)

-rick- wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

I've got a samsung 214T. Pretty good screen for an LCD. The card does
have two DVI ports, I looked more closely. I have no idea what I
should do with the other port. Rent it out?

Dual monitors? (I use 2 at work)

One seems sufficient, but I do understand how some need more.