Default GM in Canada

"Boater" wrote in message
Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:08:51 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

BTW total auto sales in canada rose slightly in September due to a big
increase for Toyota.
This is odd because you can't get a deal from them. Even in this unsure
financial climate, a local salesman said Toyota Canada wasn't offering
incentives to clear the left over '08 stock... but the dealer would drop
the price by $500.00. I almost laughed in his face....

I posted to rec.autos.gm about this, and a Cannuck who works at the
Oshawa plant said Impala sales were actually up. I saw a slew of them
on a recent road trip.
Much is up in the air, and nobody has a clue what will happen.
Maybe that's a good thing.

--Vic

If you needed a new car right now, would you buy one from a company
teetering on the brink?

Depends on model and price. How much off of invoice? If less than 30% of
invoice on a desired model, wouldn't consider it. Also needs to be a high
volume model so after market parts are easy.

If they don't want to sell it for that, wait until chapter 11 becomes
chapter 7 and I will get it for 1/2 price or less.

And another 15% off because I will pay in full on delivery, Amex, Visa or
cheque.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:41:46 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic

You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the name
after the company has gone teats up?

All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the name
after the company has gone teats up?

All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the
highways, picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the
highways, picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.

You are still stalking me? You are scaring me and my family. Go write a
jingle or whatever it is you do.

"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the highways,
picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.

Here's Flatulent Jims' cousin. He specializes in shopping carts also.
http://www.paramountcomedy.com/trail...t_bubbles.aspx

"Jim" wrote in message
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

For a $1 I would buy it.

Jim Jim is offline

Don White wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Aha! I see where your witticisms originate. Does that show have prime
time slot in Halifax?
Jim Jim is offline

Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic
I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

For a $1 I would buy it.

I'll split it with you. It's always good to have a partner when you are
going into a risky venture. ;-)

"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic
I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.
Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

For a $1 I would buy it.

I'll split it with you. It's always good to have a partner when you are
going into a risky venture. ;-)

As long as I get to fire the board and the senior executives. We can
discuss the unions an hour later. But GM becomes non-union. Don't need
them in the way of making profit and a more job secure work place for those
that remain.

Lots of people want a good job. CAW can be replaced.

OT (?) Thanks Canada! JimH General 17 June 9th 06 12:19 PM
Ohhhh Canada Ohhh Canada Joe ASA 5 January 25th 06 11:40 PM
Thanks Canada... bell ASA 1 December 31st 04 03:45 AM