Jim Jim is offline

Default GM in Canada

Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:41:46 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic
I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.
Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.
For a $1 I would buy it.

I'll split it with you. It's always good to have a partner when you are
going into a risky venture. ;-)

As long as I get to fire the board and the senior executives. We can
discuss the unions an hour later. But GM becomes non-union. Don't need
them in the way of making profit and a more job secure work place for those
that remain.

Lots of people want a good job. CAW can be replaced.

I'll be a silent partner. You have a pretty good handle on what needs to
be done.

"Jim" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic
I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the
highways, picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.

Here's Flatulent Jims' cousin. He specializes in shopping carts also.
http://www.paramountcomedy.com/trail...t_bubbles.aspx

Aha! I see where your witticisms originate. Does that show have prime time
slot in Halifax?

Re-runs on cable every night.

"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

"Silent partner"? ... how about trying that out here.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:29:50 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

Lots of people want a good job. CAW can be replaced.

Saw an article where Toyota is saying Canadian labor is too expensive.
That's not CAW.
Might see them start shifting Canadian work to Alabama.
Or Maylasia - whichever is cheaper.

--Vic

**** you, you rumour mongering asswipe.

On Nov 17, 11:02*am, wrote:
**** you, you rumour mongering asswipe.

Wow, you sure do like showing everyone here what a low life you
are.....even lower than Harry!

"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic

I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the highways,
picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.

Maybe GM should of had the "Job Bank" people doing this.

Calif Bill wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
wrote:

Since I never buy new cars, I can't really say. Probably not.
But I have a very strong feeling GM will be around a long time, in
some form. Too big to die.

--Vic
You mean, like a boat company that has gone under? Someone buys the
name
after the company has gone teats up?
All kinds of possibilities. Might keep the name GM after reorg, or
change it ala IH becoming Navistar or some such.
Bottom line is there will always be a Chevy.

--Vic
I figure Chrysler or Ford will pick up the brand cheap.

Cheap isn't cheap enough if they don't have any money to spend.

Perhaps they'll do as you do, pushing a shopping cart along the highways,
picking up bottles and cans for the scrap value.

Maybe GM should of had the "Job Bank" people doing this.

Why? You and FloridaJim have all the necessary training.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:26:39 -0500, Jim wrote:

wrote:
On Nov 17, 11:02 am, wrote:
**** you, you rumour mongering asswipe.

Wow, you sure do like showing everyone here what a low life you
are.....even lower than Harry!

Harry sure knows how to pick his buds, eh?

Hell, I thought he was talking to Harry!
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

OT (?) Thanks Canada! JimH General 17 June 9th 06 12:19 PM
Ohhhh Canada Ohhh Canada Joe ASA 5 January 25th 06 11:40 PM
Thanks Canada... bell ASA 1 December 31st 04 03:45 AM