Default Political: Let em fail

DK wrote:
Don White wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 14, 3:12 pm, tin cup wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:
The Dems want to give 25 Billion to their friends at GM while GM
builds the worst sorta crap I have ever seen. Their unions and
management deserve to fail for giving us such garbage. They have
designed the worst sort of vehicles that nobody wants when gas
prices
are high and their quality is still on the bottom. The unions
priced
themselves out of work and the management allowed short term
thinking
that produced the gas hogs they cannot give away. No bailouts for
Bull****.
The Unions didn't do squat.
The bean counters and Wall Street's demand for maximum spread and
gambling did them in along with the rest of us.
How come you idiots keep blaming American workers whether they are
in a
union or not. Obviously you are running a quicker mart or whatever
and
paying your wage slaves 7.50 an hour no benefits and fire them
before 6 mos.
Labor costs are a big part of gm's problem. Unfortunately the unions,
in their zeal, helped cause the problem. I mean let's face it, where
else besides auto plants could you get $25 - $30 dollars an hour for
semi-skilled labor. And the retirement programs are turning out to be
extremely costly. They were not based on your condtributions into an
account like today. They were fixed payouts based on your years of
service. A lot of those semi-skilled laborers retired at a fairly
young age and many get $50k or more a year in retirement.

What's your point, that a representative of assembly line works met
at the bargaining table with the employer of those workers and
negotiated a contract?
Negotiated a contract? I don't believe that for a minute.

That's the way it is supposed to be.
Who are we going to threaten with a strike this year?

The fix we are in right now has nothing to do with union workers and
everything to do with the landed aristocracy in this country of Wall
Street financial manipulators and corporate executives, and the
hands-off regulatory style of the Bush Administration. Even now, the
crooks in the Bush Administration won't tell us who is getting the
bail-out money.
It has to do with union labor.

It's a wonder you know how to tie your shoelaces in the morning.
It's the greed of everyone involved in the auto industry....led by the
example of the senior management and the stupidity of the American
consumer always wanting bigger & better when durability, practicality,
efficiency and quality should have been the criteria.

What's the name of that big Canadian car company?

GMFordChrysler of the USA

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Yup, they are greedy, so are the unions. And excess greed is why they
are in the dire straits they are in.

Hey. I like Dire Straits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JkHBC5lDs

Eisboch

I was going to comment in the post on Dire Straits. Still one of my
favorites.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Yup, they are greedy, so are the unions. And excess greed is why they
are in the dire straits they are in.

Hey. I like Dire Straits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JkHBC5lDs

Eisboch

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3b1W6rEDw

"Jim" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:03:32 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

The Dems want to give 25 Billion to their friends at GM while GM
builds the worst sorta crap I have ever seen. Their unions and
management deserve to fail for giving us such garbage. They have
designed the worst sort of vehicles that nobody wants when gas
prices
are high and their quality is still on the bottom. The unions
priced
themselves out of work and the management allowed short term
thinking
that produced the gas hogs they cannot give away. No bailouts for
Bull****.
Unions and labor costs are not the problem, and never have been. Non
union made toyotas and Hondas sell in greater numbers, despite being
considerable MORE expensive.
GM vehicles are crap. Honda's and Toyota's are good quality vehicles.
GM cannot put the effort, money, into quality due to the costs they
have to pay for union labor and union benefits.

Yep...you are indeed simple-minded.
You are always looking at the problem from the labor perspective and
immediately assign blame to management. You are the simple-minded
idiot.

You need to look at it from all angles and find the cause of the
problem.
Corporations are run by management, not by the workers. Lately,
management has been incompetent. It's that simple.

Lately?

GM has been bleeding money for a generation.

Anyone thinks that they can turn them around now must be totally
delusional.

That would be our boy Harold of neverland.

Nope.

Harry And Jim H fail big time at Chuck's place Jim General 22 August 10th 08 12:02 AM
Dems Fail to Get It UP Skipper General 9 October 7th 05 09:11 PM
( OT) Failure To Plan = Planning To Fail Doug Kanter General 4 December 15th 04 08:57 PM
KEYWEST WILL FAIL!!!! Dan Carver Power Boat Racing 0 July 18th 03 02:02 AM