posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bob Bob is offline

Default Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper?

Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

What do you recomend?
Bob

Bob wrote:
Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

What do you recomend?
Bob

Buy your cable from the guy on ebay from Auburn Wa and he will lug
them for you.
Gordon
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Sat, 24 May 2008 08:22:05 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

There is a tool company especially for electricians. Klein. They sell
the stuff at electrical supply stores,

Casady

Epoxy by brand and why ... NE Sailboat Cruising 4 April 4th 07 03:55 PM
Teak Oil ,,, what brand is the best. Thomas Wentworth Cruising 3 May 14th 06 12:34 AM
End of a Brand sluggok9 General 1 January 12th 05 10:06 AM
Can Someone Help With Old "Brand New" Propeller? wgander General 14 January 6th 05 09:17 PM
Best Brand of Tach? Walt Bilofsky Electronics 0 July 18th 03 03:00 AM