BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/94781-brand-8-4-0-lug-crimper.html)

Bob May 24th 08 04:22 PM

Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper?

Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

What do you recomend?
Bob

Gordon May 24th 08 11:17 PM

Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper?

Bob wrote:
Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

What do you recomend?
Bob

Buy your cable from the guy on ebay from Auburn Wa and he will lug
them for you.
Gordon

Richard Casady May 25th 08 01:11 AM

Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper?

On Sat, 24 May 2008 08:22:05 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

There is a tool company especially for electricians. Klein. They sell
the stuff at electrical supply stores,

Casady

Peter Bennett May 25th 08 02:53 AM

Which brand #8-4/0 Lug Crimper?

wrote:

Hi All,

Well time to start replacing my battery and windlass 2/0 cables. Now
time to decide which brand lug crimpers I should get.

I do not want to get the hammer types.

I saw some Ancor crimpers for about $200. They seemed pretty good.
Just as long as a brand are under $250 Ill be happy. I know there
arent many yachties in the electrical industry and was wondering what
brand crimpers industrial guys use.

There is a tool company especially for electricians. Klein. They sell
the stuff at electrical supply stores,

Casady

also Greenlee.

--