sluggok9

Default End of a Brand

If the management of Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) really
beleives the crap they are spewing to dealers in their "Real Deal"
newsletters then i'm willing to bet that there will be no more Evinrude
or Johnson by the decades end. Yes, those brands survived one
Bankruptcy, but their love of Ficht aka E-Tec as 4-strokes continue to
dominated is baffling. Add in their suit against their own 4-stroke
supplier and you have to be scratchin' your head?

As a motor choice - hey buy what you want. The DIs provide 2-stroke
acceleration that a 4-stroke can't match....yet, but thats about it.
I'll never dis anyone for buying an E-tec, hey its your money. But as
an observer of the business practices and the attitude of BRP I can't
help but think they are DOOMED!!

Read a few months of propaganda at:
http://www.johnson.com/docs/100000/0_US.htm

Sluggo

K. Smith

sluggok9 wrote:
[...]

Have to agree with you Sluggo:-) & it's what they don't say nor even
want mentioned that is the most scary. i.e.;-

it's still Ficht!!! all dressed up for sure but still the same old same old;

(i) too low an injection pressure,

(ii) not enough atomisation,

(iii) running too lean at too much power,

(iv) constant firing of the spark at low to medium revs meaning any
semblance of proper burn management is impossible then if,

(v) the detonation doesn't get it, the problematic if not outright
risky oiling surely will.

Here they can't sell them for actual money so just about every raffle
or give away "prize" has an E-Tec on the back. Even the charities seem
to have trouble selling raffle tickets to anyone who knows boats.

I notice they still are full of it in the marketing crap:-) Gee they
refused to supply engines to Brunswick??? Ya gotta hand it to them
they've got neck:-) No brains but neck to burn:-) I also see they're
back to offering "special" dealer rebates just as OMS did to encourage
the dealers to deceive the public with Ficht. Remember the dealers tried
to sue the carcass of OMC for what they claimed were "their" 30%!!!!!!
rebates:-) Sorry I'm giggling again:-) too much!!! they're just too
stupid for words.

I think the dealers have been banned from spruiking their odious
untruths in this NG again, it's counter productive to their sell sell
sell at all costs to the consumer campaign.