posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Marine connectors

I'm trying to source an additional socket for my Cetrek 715 hand-held pilot
controller.

Initial Googling suggests it could well be Conxall Mini-con X / Switchcraft
EN3 type.

It has seven pins, but all the Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pin layouts I've
found are
different to the one I have. Mine has 6 equally spaced on a dia, and a
centre pin. The Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pins are 7 pins equally spaced on a
dia.

Further Googling suggests this connector is used by other Marine electronics
such as Simrad, and Trimble etc.

I did find a post from 2002 of a guy who stocks them, but that scent soon
when cold

I need a fixed male for panel mounting.

Any supplier suggestions gratefully received. I'm UK based but a USA or
other import could well be practicable, as Cetrek want an arm and a leg for
a combined socket, mounting plate and cable!!

TIA
Andy

"Andy Baguley" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.gemeco.com/

Try the above link. They are a good source for marine electronics cables and
connectors.

AndyK.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Andy Baguley" wrote in message
I'm trying to source an additional socket for my Cetrek 715 hand-held

pilot
controller.

Initial Googling suggests it could well be Conxall Mini-con X /

Switchcraft
EN3 type.

Any supplier suggestions gratefully received. I'm UK based but a USA or
other import could well be practicable, as Cetrek want an arm and a leg

for
a combined socket, mounting plate and cable!!

Switchcraft is supplied by Farnell. But you cannot order there as a private
person. If needed, I could order what you need and send it to you by mail.
The cost from the Netherlands to the UK is not that high (around 10 euro).
I could also ask one of my dealers in the UK to get it for you.

Meindert
www.shipmodul.com

On May 23, 11:48 am, "Andy Baguley" wrote:
[...]

You may also want to look at the electronic catalog of:

mouser.com

They not only carry just about everything, but their online catalog
references the data sheets for everything they carry.

You may want to look at the following manufacturers for the
connectors:

Bulgin
amphenol
conxall
JAE
Phoenix
AMP

The Amphenol 16s-1 has a layout similar to the one you describe.

I hope this helps

David
S/V Nausicaa

posted to rec.boats.electronics

A note of thanks to all who have posted.

Looks like I'm sorted with Gemeco. Very helpful considering the small order
size. Sent him some photo's and got a reasonable price back. Let's hope they
mate when they arrive!

I do have both Farnell and RS accounts, but as mentioned the standard
Conxall 7 pin as sold by them has a different pin layout to mine.

Mouser.com looks a good source, but the deal with Gemeco was already in
progress. I'll add to my favourites.

All assistance appreciated.

Rgds
Andy

On May 23, 1:48 pm, "Andy Baguley" wrote:
[...]

Andy, the wires at my Cetrek 715 handheld unit have broken at the
connector socket would you know the color sequence that I can resolder
them? Thankyou for any help you can offer. George

Custom Marine Grade LCD Displays = Great Deal PD Electronics 2 January 4th 06 10:09 AM
FS; Custom Marine Grade LCD Displays PD General 0 January 4th 06 09:47 AM
FS; Custom Marine Grade LCD Displays PD Boat Building 0 January 4th 06 09:47 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM