posted to rec.boats.electronics
AndyK AndyK is offline

Default Marine connectors

"Andy Baguley" wrote in message
I'm trying to source an additional socket for my Cetrek 715 hand-held
pilot
controller.

Initial Googling suggests it could well be Conxall Mini-con X /
Switchcraft
EN3 type.

It has seven pins, but all the Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pin layouts I've
found are
different to the one I have. Mine has 6 equally spaced on a dia, and a
centre pin. The Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pins are 7 pins equally spaced on
dia.

Further Googling suggests this connector is used by other Marine
electronics
such as Simrad, and Trimble etc.

I did find a post from 2002 of a guy who stocks them, but that scent soon
when cold

I need a fixed male for panel mounting.

Any supplier suggestions gratefully received. I'm UK based but a USA or
other import could well be practicable, as Cetrek want an arm and a leg
for
a combined socket, mounting plate and cable!!

TIA
Andy

http://www.gemeco.com/

Try the above link. They are a good source for marine electronics cables and
connectors.

AndyK.