posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] dbraun@omnipost.com is offline

Default Marine connectors

On May 23, 11:48 am, "Andy Baguley" wrote:
I'm trying to source an additional socket for my Cetrek 715 hand-held pilot
controller.

Initial Googling suggests it could well be Conxall Mini-con X / Switchcraft
EN3 type.

It has seven pins, but all the Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pin layouts I've
found are
different to the one I have. Mine has 6 equally spaced on a dia, and a
centre pin. The Conxall / Switchcraft 7 pins are 7 pins equally spaced on a
dia.

Further Googling suggests this connector is used by other Marine electronics
such as Simrad, and Trimble etc.

I did find a post from 2002 of a guy who stocks them, but that scent soon
when cold

I need a fixed male for panel mounting.

Any supplier suggestions gratefully received. I'm UK based but a USA or
other import could well be practicable, as Cetrek want an arm and a leg for
a combined socket, mounting plate and cable!!

TIA
Andy

You may also want to look at the electronic catalog of:

mouser.com

They not only carry just about everything, but their online catalog
references the data sheets for everything they carry.

You may want to look at the following manufacturers for the
connectors:

Bulgin
amphenol
conxall
JAE
Phoenix
AMP

The Amphenol 16s-1 has a layout similar to the one you describe.

I hope this helps

David
S/V Nausicaa