Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Portable Gps/Plotter with AIS-Receiver Support

What about running an AIS application on a Windows Mobile PDA, inside a
waterproof box, using Bluetooth to receive data from an AIS receiver?

Meindert

I have seen the site of AIS2Ozi software that runs under Ozi/CE in a
PPC using a BT adapter, seems very good. By the way, I have put this
questions here as a provocation to the builders, so that someone
develop the portable AIS that I dream and I would buy it ready to
use, at a low price, some time in future ... I would like something
the size and format of a Origami/UMPC, a TFT screen of 5-7" with touch
screen support, weather proof to be used in the cockpit, and at a cost
of a GpsMap 276C, that is, less than 1K, and it will not need to run
under Windows/Tablet/XP....

Regards

Pascal