posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default Portable Gps/Plotter with AIS-Receiver Support

"Pascal" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, but as I have said, I want a "Portable" unit.. I know that there
are many models of gps/ploters that are AIS enabled, like those more
recent units from Garmin, Navman, Raymarine, etc but none of them are
"portable" (that is, battery operated and easily removable to be used
in another boat and at home).

What about running an AIS application on a Windows Mobile PDA, inside a
waterproof box, using Bluetooth to receive data from an AIS receiver?

Meindert