posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Default Portable AIS Receiver:

Anybody has seen this? It is a South African Company and sells a
portable AIS, powered by 6 AA cells. I do not know if it is sell in
USA. Anybody knows a dealer in US for this brand?

http://maritec.co.za/index.php?pr=ArkEars_Portable

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Sorry, it is not AA cells, it is a rechargeable battery, which is
better ..

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Pascal" wrote in news:1145896981.121365.152680
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

http://maritec.co.za/index.php?pr=ArkEars_Portable

I'm more interested in:
http://maritec.co.za/index.php?pr=APIRB

Lots of us already have AIS receive/plot capabilities. This little jewel
adds the transmitter function to our existing AIS display receivers at 2 or
12 watts. Very interesting.

But, alas, not a single PRICE quoted.....which usually means Rolex
pricing...

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Somebody answer my question on the Portable, and says the price for it
is US$ 2,000.00, indeed Rolex price.. With this money at hand I can buy
a SR161 + Raymarine C80 Chartplotter + One navionics Gold region ..

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Len

:

http://maritec.co.za/index.php?pr=ArkEars_Portable

I'm more interested in:
http://maritec.co.za/index.php?pr=APIRB

Lots of us already have AIS receive/plot capabilities. This little jewel
adds the transmitter function to our existing AIS display receivers at 2 or
12 watts. Very interesting.

But, alas, not a single PRICE quoted.....which usually means Rolex
pricing...

I received the following answer

Dear Len,

Thank you for contacting us.

Maritec is responsible for marketing, sales and support in your area.
Prices are as follows:

APIRB (2W): USD499.00 each, ex-works
GPS included, antennas and cables not included

APIRB (2/12.5W): USD975.00 each, ex-works
GPS included, antennas and cables not included

Please note, the prices are per each, ex-factory.
Shipping and insurance cost needs to be added.
TT (bank telegraphic transfer) payment is required, 7 days prior to
dispatch.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

AIS receiver to USB mutiplexer Général Électrique Electronics 1 April 22nd 06 11:08 PM
AIS receiver Gordon Electronics 8 March 15th 06 01:06 PM
El Cheapo GPS Receiver Lord Reginald Smithers General 0 December 11th 05 05:49 PM
New portable DVD player.... Larry Cruising 17 December 9th 05 12:58 PM
Portable Charger or Onboard Charger [email protected] General 13 November 21st 05 05:15 PM