posted to rec.boats.electronics
Général Électrique

Default AIS receiver to USB mutiplexer

Allo

Can someone tell me if I can do this.

I want to connect AIS receiver SR 161 Version 1.2E
RS232 38400 bauds serial port, Data bit :8,Parity:none,Stop bits:1
(pin3=in, pin5=gnd,pin2=out)

TO: ShipModul Miniplex- 41USB NMEA-0183 multiplexer
My ThinkPad have USB port only

The CP175C Chart plotter can show coordinate of DSC
Do you think the Chart plotter do the same with AIS ?

Best Regards
Gilles Ethier

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"Général Électrique" wrote in message
.. .
Allo

Can someone tell me if I can do this.

I want to connect AIS receiver SR 161 Version 1.2E
RS232 38400 bauds serial port, Data bit :8,Parity:none,Stop bits:1
(pin3=in, pin5=gnd,pin2=out)

TO: ShipModul Miniplex- 41USB NMEA-0183 multiplexer
My ThinkPad have USB port only

You cannot do that, the inputs of the MiniPlex-41USB are all fixed to 4800
baud.
What you can do is to use a MiniPlex-Lite. This multiplexer has one
autosensing input, that automatically switches between 4800 and 38400.

I see you are from Canada, you might contact our Canadian distributor
www.wiredboat.com. They should stock them.

The CP175C Chart plotter can show coordinate of DSC
Do you think the Chart plotter do the same with AIS ?

I don't know the answer to that.

Meindert
www.shipmodul.com

AIS receiver Gordon Electronics 8 March 15th 06 01:06 PM
Skanti 8000 receiver ? Henry Kolesnik Electronics 0 January 10th 06 08:29 PM
El Cheapo GPS Receiver Wayne.B General 9 December 12th 05 01:05 PM
El Cheapo GPS Receiver Lord Reginald Smithers General 0 December 11th 05 05:49 PM