posted to rec.boats.electronics
GBM

Default Datamarine Instrument Repair

I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
GBM

In doing a web search, I find two companies that offer services on
Datamarine instruments. Anyone know which one would be best for repair to
older Wind Instrument? As mentioned before, DMI Marine have not answered
two emails that I sent, so perhaps they are no longer there? I suppose I
need to call during working hours.

DMI Marine, Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, MA 02559
Tel: 508-564-7491
http://www.dmimarine.com/

and

SEA - DATAMARINE
7030 220th Street S.W.
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Voice: (425) 771-2182 FAX: (425) 771-2650

who have service, interestingly enough also in Pocasset MA at:

# Datamarine Customer Service
4 Barlows Landing Road, Ste. #19
Pocasset, MA 02559
# E-mail: DMI Service
# Telephone: (508) 563-7151

http://www.sea-dmi.com/datmar/dreturns.htm

http://www.sea-dmi.com/raforms/index.htm

"GBM" wrote in message
news
I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Lane

GBM wrote:

I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

DMI sent me a replacement cover for my old knot log meter for free last
January. I telephoned them.
Dick
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hello

DMI Marine Inc can indeed help with all your Datamarine and DMI Marine
repairs. All of our emails are returned promptly, perhaps there was an
error in the server.
Please contact us at or consult our web page at
www.dmimarine.com for information on returning products for repair.
For instant information call 508-564-7591 and a tech will assist you.

Thank You,

DMI Marine Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, MA 02559
Tel-508-564-7491
fax-508-564-7497

www.dmimarine.com

GBM wrote:
I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

GBM wrote:

I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

Some background on DMI Marine is that they are "peopled" by one or more
of the original designers and technicians that were involved in the
Datamarine instrument line when it was manufactured in and sold out of
Pocasset, MA. For lack of a better descriptor, those instruments are
sometimes called the original or first generation Datamarine
instruments. This is the company that posted to this thread and, as
they said, their web page is at www.dmimarine.com. They still provide
some parts and repair services for some of the original line of
Datamarine instruments. But not everything ever made under the
Datamarine name unfortunately.

The original Datamarine line and name was bought out and moved to the
Seattle, WA area, that company is still in business as SEA-DATAMARINE
and they have a web page here http://www.sea-dmi.com/. They still sell
some Datamarine instruments. As far as I know they do not offer any
repair services for the first generation Datamarine instruments.

It appears that there is no affiliation between the two companies.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Doug

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
GBM wrote:

[...]

The are two repair facilites in Pocassett, MA. The new Datamarine-SEA is:
Datamarine Customer Service
4 Barlows Landing Road, Ste. #19
Pocasset, MA 02559
a.. E-mail: DMI Service
b.. Telephone: (508) 563-7151
(8 AM - 4:30 PM EST, Monday-Friday)
c.. FAX: (508) 563-7159
Do not send any Datamarine products to the Seattle address, that is for SEA
repairs only.

The other Pocasset Datamarine repair service is:
DMI Marine Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, MA 02559
Tel-508-564-7491
fax-508-564-7497

www.dmimarine.com

These are the old pros. The Datamarine SEA at Barlows Road seems to be
mainly for their
current products, although our shipping department has sent them older stuff
by mistake and
it was repaired after a lengthy time delay. Its best to call ahead and find
out who services what
and the parts availablity and time to repair estimate might be.

Doug K7ABX