posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default Datamarine Instrument Repair

GBM wrote:

I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

Some background on DMI Marine is that they are "peopled" by one or more
of the original designers and technicians that were involved in the
Datamarine instrument line when it was manufactured in and sold out of
Pocasset, MA. For lack of a better descriptor, those instruments are
sometimes called the original or first generation Datamarine
instruments. This is the company that posted to this thread and, as
they said, their web page is at www.dmimarine.com. They still provide
some parts and repair services for some of the original line of
Datamarine instruments. But not everything ever made under the
Datamarine name unfortunately.

The original Datamarine line and name was bought out and moved to the
Seattle, WA area, that company is still in business as SEA-DATAMARINE
and they have a web page here http://www.sea-dmi.com/. They still sell
some Datamarine instruments. As far as I know they do not offer any
repair services for the first generation Datamarine instruments.

It appears that there is no affiliation between the two companies.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)