posted to rec.boats.electronics
Doug

Default Datamarine Instrument Repair

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
GBM wrote:

I have emailed DMI several times without a reply - Anyone know if they
are
still in business?

Anyone else that offers repair to Datamarine Instruments?

Some background on DMI Marine is that they are "peopled" by one or more of
the original designers and technicians that were involved in the
Datamarine instrument line when it was manufactured in and sold out of
Pocasset, MA. For lack of a better descriptor, those instruments are
sometimes called the original or first generation Datamarine instruments.
This is the company that posted to this thread and, as they said, their
web page is at www.dmimarine.com. They still provide some parts and
repair services for some of the original line of Datamarine instruments.
But not everything ever made under the Datamarine name unfortunately.

The original Datamarine line and name was bought out and moved to the
Seattle, WA area, that company is still in business as SEA-DATAMARINE and
they have a web page here http://www.sea-dmi.com/. They still sell some
Datamarine instruments. As far as I know they do not offer any repair
services for the first generation Datamarine instruments.

It appears that there is no affiliation between the two companies.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

The are two repair facilites in Pocassett, MA. The new Datamarine-SEA is:
Datamarine Customer Service
4 Barlows Landing Road, Ste. #19
Pocasset, MA 02559
a.. E-mail: DMI Service
b.. Telephone: (508) 563-7151
(8 AM - 4:30 PM EST, Monday-Friday)
c.. FAX: (508) 563-7159
Do not send any Datamarine products to the Seattle address, that is for SEA
repairs only.

The other Pocasset Datamarine repair service is:
DMI Marine Inc.
18 Commerce Park Road
Pocasset, MA 02559
Tel-508-564-7491
fax-508-564-7497

www.dmimarine.com

These are the old pros. The Datamarine SEA at Barlows Road seems to be
mainly for their
current products, although our shipping department has sent them older stuff
by mistake and
it was repaired after a lengthy time delay. Its best to call ahead and find
out who services what
and the parts availablity and time to repair estimate might be.

Doug K7ABX