JimH

Those speakers are not magnetically shielded. That is not a problem as long
as you keep them away from the compass...e.g. 5 feet or so.

"Jay" wrote in message
They are, actually... though we're usually only on a landlocked river....

-j

"chuck" wrote in message
Before you cut into the boat, are the speakers magnetically shielded so
as not to interfere with your compass?

Jeff Morris wrote:

chuck

Some folks recommend a minimum of 3 meters or ten feet
separation. Wouldn't hurt to conduct a test. Probably best
done with the boat out of the water so it can't move during
the test.

May not be a problem at all on a landlocked river, but other
readers might be more concerned about the effects of strong
onboard magnets on offshore navigation. Some modern speakers
have amazingly powerful magnets.

"chuck" wrote in message

Before you cut into the boat, are the speakers magnetically shielded so
as not to interfere with your compass?

Jeff Morris wrote:

Jofra

Don't put the holes through the hull below waterline.

Just a thought

jofra

JimH

"Jofra" wrote in message
Don't put the holes through the hull below waterline.

Just a thought

jofra

I hope he doesn't put hole through the hull anywhere on the boat for this
speaker installation. ;-)

SSB Installation Jerry Peters Cruising 2 February 9th 05 04:01 PM
Trysail Track Installation JAWs Cruising 11 May 28th 04 03:24 PM
FS: Marine PA Speaker in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 March 31st 04 03:26 PM
vhf ext speaker mike hicks General 3 September 6th 03 03:30 PM