JimH

"Jay" wrote in message ...
So I finally found a set of speakers that seemed like a good enough deal
and they came in last week. I'm wondering if anyone has any
input/experience installing speakers. They aren't flush mount which needs
I'll need to be cutting a few holes... some of my curiosity lies in
wondering if there's any certain saw blades one should use for cutting
fiberglass.... I was going to just drill a few holes to start a hand jig
saw... maybe tape up the area with duck tape to avoid scratching.. other
than that I didn't really know if there was anything one should take
precaution with.

Also, though they weigh a couple pounds each, should I worry much about
providing some of support to the backing... like a brace to dissipate
weight on the fiberglass walls?

TIA

-j

Always cover the face of the cut/drill area with duct tape...it reduces the
likelihood of the gelcoat chipping.

You say these are not flushmount speakers so I assume they are already
installed in boxes and the brackets for the boxes are what you will be
attaching to the boat.

I would consider some sort of backing strap or plate the help support the
brackets. Large washers are another consideration.