Bobsprit

Default HELP, Boat CB Radio Question!

And know how to use it. Last Saturday, as I was prepping my whaler in
the parking lot at the Monterey Breakwater, there was some fellow on
VHF Ch 16 say "Is anybody out there?" over and over again.

It should have occured to you that someone might be in trouble. For instance, a
guest on a boat might not know the procedure for calling for help. A person in
shock or suffering some other medical problem might also not follow proper
procedure.
Best to respond to anything on 16 beyond radio checks.

RB
Alien C&C32
City Island, NY
Meindert Sprang

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
And know how to use it. Last Saturday, as I was prepping my whaler in
the parking lot at the Monterey Breakwater, there was some fellow on
VHF Ch 16 say "Is anybody out there?" over and over again.

It should have occured to you that someone might be in trouble. For

instance, a
guest on a boat might not know the procedure for calling for help. A

person in
shock or suffering some other medical problem might also not follow proper
procedure.

Ok, but wouldn't be a simple "help" draw more attention than just "Is
anybody out there". That guy might just be quoting a well know Pink Floyd
lyric....

Meindert

Bobsprit

Ok, but wouldn't be a simple "help" draw more attention than just "Is
anybody out there". That guy might just be quoting a well know Pink Floyd
lyric....

He might...and he might not. Better safe than sorry. I'd check out any
unasnwered channel 16 call if possible.

RB