=> Vox Populi ©

Default Boat title question

bighead wrote:
Hi. My son bought a boat from his uncle, who has questionable
ethics.

One would have to question the ethics of anyone who would knowingly
do business with someone with questionable ethics, or allow
their children to do business with such a person.

This year when my son went to register the boat he discovered that
the number on the boat certificate did not match the number on the
boat itself. The uncle said he bought it from another guy, and never
got around to changing the title. Everything else on the certificate
is correct, the make and length and such. Is there any way to
resolve the problem? Can he file for a lost title? We live in
Texas. I guess my main fear is that the boat was stolen,

Call the police then.

but if thats the case
how did my brother in law obtain the certificate of number?

Not your concern.

Maybe it
was in the boat? Would you call the person whose name is on the
certificate and find out if the sale really took place?

Call 911.

Thanks for any help.

--
"We are going to fight them and impose our will
on them and we will capture or, if necessary, kill

bighead

"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message ...
bighead wrote:
[...]

any help besides this smartass prick?
bomar

"bighead" wrote in message
om...
"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message

bighead wrote:
[...]

Yeah.
Follow his advice.

RichG

Texas has some very restrictive ( for good reason) boat title rules.
Essentially, if you buy a boat that hasn't got a proper title or ID plate,
and then show up to title it with incorrect papers...they impound it until
you can prove that it was acquired legally. Anyhow, that is what a game
warden friend told me.

I actually bought a $200.00 boat from a guy, got home and found that the ID
plate had been removed from the boat. He returned my cash money after I
suggested the sheriff might be my next call.

RichG
-- manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Greg

Get the name of the previous owner and talk to them.
This could be as simple as a screwup in the system or you may have a stolen
boat.
The cops are not going to be as much help as a person down at the title agency
(tax collector in Florida) who knows how to use their computer.

bighead

"RichG" wrote in message ...
Texas has some very restrictive ( for good reason) boat title rules.
Essentially, if you buy a boat that hasn't got a proper title or ID plate,
and then show up to title it with incorrect papers...they impound it until
you can prove that it was acquired legally. Anyhow, that is what a game
warden friend told me.

I actually bought a $200.00 boat from a guy, got home and found that the ID
plate had been removed from the boat. He returned my cash money after I
suggested the sheriff might be my next call.

RichG
-- manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Thank you for actually answering the questions. I guess one decent
reply out of 3 is about the right ratio, these news groups sure seem
to be populated with a lot of unhelpful people
=> Vox Populi ©

bomar wrote:
"bighead" wrote in message
om...
"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message

bighead wrote:
[...]

Bwahahahaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

"I don't know where he (bin Laden) is. I have no idea and I really
don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a deferment. Not was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to
better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."
~George W. Bush on how he dodged the
Vietnam draft---1994

=> Vox Populi ©

bighead wrote:
"RichG" wrote in message
Texas has some very restrictive ( for good reason) boat title rules.
Essentially, if you buy a boat that hasn't got a proper title or ID
plate,
and then show up to title it with incorrect papers...they impound it
until
you can prove that it was acquired legally. Anyhow, that is what a
game
warden friend told me.

I actually bought a $200.00 boat from a guy, got home and found that
the ID
plate had been removed from the boat. He returned my cash money
after I
suggested the sheriff might be my next call.

RichG
-- manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Thank you for actually answering the questions.

Except he didn't answer the questions.

I guess one decent
reply out of 3 is about the right ratio, these news groups sure seem
to be populated with a lot of unhelpful people

Tranlsation: You only want the answers that agree with you ...

So tell us - why would you engage in a business deal with someone
you knew had "questionable ethics" ...? Was the deal too good to
be true ... or were you just stupid?

--
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
~ George Bush Jr. 2001-09-13

"I don't know where he (bin Laden) is. I have no idea and I really
don't care.
It's not that important. It's not our priority."
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a
deferment. Not was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better
myself by
learning how to fly airplanes."
~George W. Bush on how he dodged the
Vietnam draft---1994

bighead

"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message ...
bighead wrote:
"RichG" wrote in message
[...]

jesus, you really are a prick. Maybe you should re-read the original post, numb ****. My SON bought the boat, He was 18 at the time, and him and his uncle are close. He did not know about his uncles failings. He now knows better.

And true, maybe the other reply I got didnt fully answer the
questions, but at least he was helpful. I dont only want answers I
agree with, I wanted some advice on how to proceed. No thanks to your
stupid ass I got a little. So why dont you crawl back under whatever
**** heap you crawled out from under.

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM