Chuck Tribolet

Default HELP, Boat CB Radio Question!

And know how to use it. Last Saturday, as I was prepping my whaler in
the parking lot at the Monterey Breakwater, there was some fellow on
VHF Ch 16 say "Is anybody out there?" over and over again. I kinda tuned
him out. We launched, and about ten minutes later passed a boat.
Three or four minutes later, this guy makes contact with the CG finally,
and it turns out it was the boat we had passed. We turned around and went
back, and arrived a couple of minutes ahead of the CG. Turns out he
only had a duff starter, but his inability to communicate cost at least 8 minutes,
maybe 15, in how long it took me to respond. If it had been SERIOUS, I
would have had Adm. Linda park the truck and taken off from the dock
right away. And if it had been SERIOUS, 15 minutes is a LOOONG time.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

wrote in message ...
but your chances
are much better at getting competent help using the right radio
service.