BOEING377

Default HELP, Boat CB Radio Question!

Can someone please help me, I have a 22 foot boat and I bought a Cobra CB
Radio for it, but it only has 2 weather channels and then channels up to 40,
but my local marina is on channel 68, so does this mean my radio is no good
for a boat? sorry this could be a totally dumb question, but to me I believe
I need to reinvest in another radio that has more channels obviously, and
opions on what to buy for a nice new radio if that is the case?

Thanks very much in advance for your time!
Derek

Keep your CB and also buy a VHF marine radio which will work on your marina's
channel and many others as well. Get one that has DSC features if you want the
latest technology. If you don't need DSC (digital selective calling) then you
can find good VHF radios for $100-$150. DSC VHF radios start at about $120 for
a bare bones but perfectly useable JRC brand radio to $500 and higher for
commercial garde sets.