Peter Bennett

Default HELP, Boat CB Radio Question!

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:43:53 -0400, "Dman"
wrote:

Can someone please help me, I have a 22 foot boat and I bought a Cobra CB
Radio for it, but it only has 2 weather channels and then channels up to 40,
but my local marina is on channel 68, so does this mean my radio is no good
for a boat? sorry this could be a totally dumb question, but to me I believe
I need to reinvest in another radio that has more channels obviously, and
opions on what to buy for a nice new radio if that is the case?

Thanks very much in advance for your time!
Derek

To talk to the marina, and to the Coast Guard and most other boaters,
you need a marine VHF radio - a completely different animal than a CB
radio.

I suggest you go to your favourite marine supply store and see what
radios they sell - or ask them to recommend a marine electronic dealer
that handles VHF radios.

My preferred make is Icom, but Standard and Uniden are other
well-known makes.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca