RuggedTech Sales

Default Commercial Post - RAYMING TripNav USB GPS Receiver now Available in Atlantic Canada

Rayming model TN200. PC and MAC compatible.
WAAS capable for better accuracy
Compact design only 2.32" x 1.85" in size
USB requires no external power
Water-resistant housing w/magnetic mount

More info at: www.ruggedtech.com

Thank you.

John Smith

Maybe innovative solutions could be considered worthy news to some of the
audience? While I agree this group should not be hammered by commercial
e-mails, this type of product is of interest.

Is there a fine line that is acceptable?

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Commercial Post".....isn't that like, well, SPAM?

Russ Amiro
Russ Amiro
15 Regwood Drive
Windsor Jct, NS B2T1K1
CA
Phone: 902-861-3746
Fax..: 902-861-1050
Email:

Guess we could FAX ol' Russ a copy of accesswave's AUP about
spammin'.....(c;

Then, again, we could email
his message if he
spams the newsgroup again.....

This isn't your free ad space, you know.....

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:37:02 -0400, RuggedTech Sales
wrote:

Rayming model TN200. PC and MAC compatible.
WAAS capable for better accuracy
Compact design only 2.32" x 1.85" in size
USB requires no external power
Water-resistant housing w/magnetic mount

More info at:
www.ruggedtech.com

Thank you.

Larry W4CSC

Harry Krause

wrote:

Rayming model TN200. PC and MAC compatible.
WAAS capable for better accuracy
Compact design only 2.32" x 1.85" in size
USB requires no external power
Water-resistant housing w/magnetic mount

More info at:
www.ruggedtech.com

Thank you.

Larry W4CSC

Larry, bless him, expends hundreds of lines of bandwidth extolling the
virtues of products he likes, so much so that one might conclude he is
on the take.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:43:57 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Is it in the group FAQ or Charter?

Yes, it is. On-topic announcements of new products are explicitly
allowed by the charter.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/
Harry Krause

wrote:

Is it in the group FAQ or Charter?

Yes, it is. On-topic announcements of new products are explicitly
allowed by the charter.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

Thanks...not that I have any new products of boating interest, but I
don't mind reading about them, no matter the source.

Someone ought to send the FAQ to Larry.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:30:19 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Thanks...not that I have any new products of boating interest, but I
don't mind reading about them, no matter the source.

Someone ought to send the FAQ to Larry.

Actually, I was responding to what I took to be a discussion about
product announcements, since I hadn't seen the original post. But as
for the charter:

The rec.boats.electronics newsgroup is chartered for discussion of all
aspects of marine electronics.

The newsgroup is open to discussion of all marine and boating-related
electronic systems. This includes their use, care and feeding,
troubleshooting and repairs, etc. These systems include GPS/Loran,
radar/sonar, radio, navigation and performance instruments,
interfacing standards (NMEA, etc.), electronic charting, software,
computers, simulators, power supplies, etc.

The group is not intended for discussion of electro-mechanical systems
such as pumps, heads, lights, water heaters, etc.

"For Sale" and "Wanted To Buy" postings are not appropriate in this
group (rec.boats.marketplace exists for that purpose), but new product
announcements and discussions are appropriate.

The general "nettiquete" FAQs posted in news.announce.newusers and
news.answers all apply to rec.boats.electronics.

END CHARTER.

I just googled the original post, and while it is on-topic, it seems
to be just an add for a website with some cool stuff, not an
announcement. A fine distinction, perhaps, but that's the charter.

I think Meindert is correct about the spam issue, though. "Spam" is a
nasty word for a nasty practice and shouldn't be casually thrown
about. Also, since spam is now defined as a crime by several current
and coming statutes, calling someone a spammer without proof is not
just namecalling anymore. It's publicly accusing someone of a crime.
I'm no lawyer and I don't play one on the inernet, but that's not
something I'd care to do.

The message is apparently a breach of the charter and the rules of
netiquette explicitly included in the charter, though. Not as big a
breach as publishing someone's contact info on Usenet, perhaps, but a
breach.

Now, we've spent 20 times the bandwidth used by the original post
discussing it, as is alwways the case. Shall we go for 40?

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:16:50 GMT, "Glen \"Wiley\" Wilson"
wrote:

Now, we've spent 20 times the bandwidth used by the original post
discussing it, as is alwways the case. Shall we go for 40?

There - that will help a little bit. :)

Thanks for clarifying that - appreciate it.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."