Meindert Sprang

Default Commercial Post - RAYMING TripNav USB GPS Receiver now Available in Atlantic Canada

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Commercial Post".....isn't that like, well, SPAM?

Russ Amiro
Russ Amiro
15 Regwood Drive
Windsor Jct, NS B2T1K1
CA
Phone: 902-861-3746
Fax..: 902-861-1050
Email:

Guess we could FAX ol' Russ a copy of accesswave's AUP about
spammin'.....(c;

Then, again, we could email
his message if he
spams the newsgroup again.....

This isn't your free ad space, you know.....

I find political discussions in this group that just go on and on and on far
less desirable than an occasional product anouncement that is very on-topic.
I have done this too and nobody has complained about this. Many newgroup
charters specifically allow short infrequent commercial postings.

And I think that Accesswave will hardly consider one or two newgroup posting
as spam. In my opinion, spam is mass-mailing to thousands or millions of
e-mail recepients.

Besides, the post was very clearly marked as 'commercial post', so anyone on
expensive bandwidth had the opportunity not to spend his expensive bandwidth
on this message.

Meindert