Default Sold my Boat .. some thoughts

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:07:41 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"The bigger the boat the stupider the driver." This is a very true truism!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur has a 68 foot Swan! That's a lot of stupid!

"jlrogers±³©" wrote

What Contessa? Would appreciate a link or reference.

It's a reference to a private email. There is a nice looking one in NH but
I send it from my office so I don't have it handy. Shouldn't be too hard to
turn up with a search of the usual boat listings.

--
Roger Long

wrote:

"The bigger the boat the stupider the driver." This is a very true truism!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur has a 68 foot Swan! That's a lot of stupid!

Those with no boat, are by definition therefore, infinitely wise. Come to
think of it, they are!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote:

"The bigger the boat the stupider the driver." This is a very true truism!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur has a 68 foot Swan! That's a lot of stupid!

I sold that a couple months ago because I realized how stupid it was. Just a
giant money grabbing enterprise.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in news:JADBk.416
$nl3.110@trnddc05:

I guess I will move on to some other activity. Don't know what yet.

The SC DNR hasn't said anything about my NOT relicensing my 10' dingy
someone at the dock gave me to get rid of it. I played with it a while,
but last year the neighbor's kids got much nore use out of it as a swimming
pool in my yard than I did. I didn't pay the county's stupid taxes,
either. I'm hoping one of them will show up demanding it or the tax money.
I wanna see the look on their faces as I shove it across the grass towards
their government tax bureaucrat car. I'm calling their bluff.

I agree with everything you said, Thomas. I sail with some rich guys who
can afford the terrible expenses as crew and technician. But, I'm never
going to be rich enough to want one so don't even think about it. Those
that do usually end up penniless begging for a job to support it. There's
a ham radio operator on a trimaran in Charleston working on construction
jobs right now. He wants me to check out his chart
plotter/GPS/radios...for free of course...but I've lost interest in going
to boats just to work, work, work all the time. There's less and less
socialization at the docks any more. It's not the fun it used to be.

Dave wrote in news:42jfd41pci5o85gji9pikaehn43qll2rgp@
4ax.com:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:07:11 GMT, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
said:

So,, the question begs an answer..

In other words, you have no facts whatever to back up your claim. Just
Larry's conspiracy theories.

Then, there are teh confrontational assholes standing on any dock....

We're not in court, your honor.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:33:10 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"The bigger the boat the stupider the driver." This is a very true truism!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur has a 68 foot Swan! That's a lot of stupid!

I sold that a couple months ago because I realized how stupid it was.

Obviously it was too late and the damage was done.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:00:54 +0000, Larry said:

I sail with some rich guys who
can afford the terrible expenses as crew and technician. But, I'm never
going to be rich enough to want one so don't even think about it. Those
that do usually end up penniless begging for a job to support it.

Maybe down where you are. Here, they usually end up with a very
comfortable
retirement and then leave a bundle of money to the kids.

===============

Dave ,, I don't know you, don't want to know you, and really could care less
about your
opinion .. but: You come off as one of the biggest assholes I've ever read
here.

What the F.. is your problem? Are you some loser sitting at home suffering
from envy of
anyone who has, or did have, a boat?

Do us all a favor, go away.

You bring nothing to the table.

wrote:

"The bigger the boat the stupider the driver." This is a very true truism!

Then a super intelligent individual like your self must have a *very*
small boat I'd suppose ?

On 2008-09-22 14:43:25 -0400, "Capt. JG" said:

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in message
et...
"Don White" wrote
How about a daysailer?

The amount of pleasure one gets from a boat is inversely proportional to
its size...

Not necessarily. When I had the sunfish and hobie, they were a blast and a
half. The Cal 20 was less fun. My Sabre 30 is a heck of a lot more fun than
my Cal, but not as much as the hobie, but I'm much, much older now.

I agree. I enjoyed the heck out of each boat, but I've used each new
boat more. Now, the idea of going back to just daysails on the 21 or
Sunday Laser racing doesn't appeal. I do love stealing a Laser and
surprising the young bucks for a few hours, though.

That old saw should probably end "directly proportional to its use" --
which will decrease if it's too large.

--
Jere Lull