Larry Larry is offline

Default Sold my Boat .. some thoughts

"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in news:JADBk.416
$nl3.110@trnddc05:

I guess I will move on to some other activity. Don't know what yet.

The SC DNR hasn't said anything about my NOT relicensing my 10' dingy
someone at the dock gave me to get rid of it. I played with it a while,
but last year the neighbor's kids got much nore use out of it as a swimming
pool in my yard than I did. I didn't pay the county's stupid taxes,
either. I'm hoping one of them will show up demanding it or the tax money.
I wanna see the look on their faces as I shove it across the grass towards
their government tax bureaucrat car. I'm calling their bluff.

I agree with everything you said, Thomas. I sail with some rich guys who
can afford the terrible expenses as crew and technician. But, I'm never
going to be rich enough to want one so don't even think about it. Those
that do usually end up penniless begging for a job to support it. There's
a ham radio operator on a trimaran in Charleston working on construction
jobs right now. He wants me to check out his chart
plotter/GPS/radios...for free of course...but I've lost interest in going
to boats just to work, work, work all the time. There's less and less
socialization at the docks any more. It's not the fun it used to be.