Timothy

Default Thoughts on this boat - 22 ft. SeaSport

2003 22 ft. SeaSport

KAD 32 170 hp Diesel with Dual Prop, Yamaha 9.9 Kicker with separate tank
and electric start, Wash down Pump, Marine Head with holding tank, Wallas
Diesel stove and heater, Rear steering station with controls, Shore power
with battery charger, Furono NavNet.

Boat has 50 hours on it. I've been looking at Seasport for a long time and
was quite suprised to find this model with the diesel as its a rare setup.
Its on the smaller end of what I've been looking at, but given the Seasport
hull and the diesel option I'll have no worries about taking this boat
anywhere in SE alaska.

It's Only Me

Timothy,

They are great boats. I have a buddy on the west coast who loves his. I
love the classic lines. The 170 hp diesel should be more than enough power.

When you said they Dual Prop's I assume you mean Volvo's Duo-Prop. The
Duo-Prop is a nice. You will get better performance with the Duo-Prop
without any prop torque. The boat will not want to steer to one side. You
will also find it is substantial easier to back the boat into your slip.

If this is the I/O Duo-Prop, I have always preferred a Inboard, if the boat
is to be keep in the water, (i.e. not trailered).

Volvo has a new system with has the space advantage of an I/O, without the
negatives of a large hole in the transom (the soft bellows can be a problem
if the boat is kept in the water) It is called the ISP system, sort of
like the old saildrive systems. You may want to check and see if SeaSport
is offering it as an option.

"Timothy" wrote in message
2003 22 ft. SeaSport

KAD 32 170 hp Diesel with Dual Prop, Yamaha 9.9 Kicker with separate tank
and electric start, Wash down Pump, Marine Head with holding tank, Wallas
Diesel stove and heater, Rear steering station with controls, Shore power
with battery charger, Furono NavNet.

Boat has 50 hours on it. I've been looking at Seasport for a long time
and was quite suprised to find this model with the diesel as its a rare
setup. Its on the smaller end of what I've been looking at, but given the
Seasport hull and the diesel option I'll have no worries about taking this
boat anywhere in SE alaska.

HaKrause

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:08:55 -0800, "Timothy"
wrote:

2003 22 ft. SeaSport

I had one of these a few years back. I donated it to the coast guard,
darn nice little boat.

What was it like 4 U Joe ASA 264 December 28th 04 11:26 PM
About that boat fire Booby doubted Capt. Neal® ASA 5 December 20th 04 02:46 AM
houseboats sel1 General 10 September 24th 04 03:19 PM