Default Skip on the move

wrote

No, it's not. If you had ever been there, you'd know why. If Skip has
anchored there, he'll probably spend the night wishing he hadn't.

I don't think they anchored. Usually Skip leaves his SPOT on and there
would be a few fixes in nearly the same place. It looks to me like it
stopped transmitting for some reason.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in news:g9rajs$c8v$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

It looks to me like it
stopped transmitting for some reason.

What I can't figure out is why the Spot box doesn't have a 12V input. Skip
told me in an email it takes some kind of expensive battery pack.

Ooops....answered my own question...(c;

Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 4, 9:31*am, wrote:

Just looked at Skip's spot log.

His immediate problem may be that he is about to try transiting Plum
Gut against an outgoing tide.

Wonder where he's headed?

Not to worry my concerned friend................
Skip should be very aware of that area since he is now a licensed
Captain. Many of the navigation/plotting questions are most likly from
that chart and he would have had to determine tides, plot course and
drift and all that good stuff from interesting places that included:

Plum Gutt
The Race
Little Gull Island
Lake Montauk
Great Salt Pond
Pt. Judith harbor

With his documented Captainish knowledge of Chart 13205 TR he'll be
fine........

Bob
Now.... time to go back to sailing
Later and all that other cute huggy kissy crap that some people use in
their Signature.

"Larry" wrote

What I can't figure out is why the Spot box doesn't have a 12V input.
Skip
told me in an email it takes some kind of expensive battery pack.

The SPOT just used two AA batteries but they recommend Litihum. Alkaline
can be used in a pinch but they say transmisson power will be reduced.

It really should have a 12 V jack but it was primarily designed for back
packing and other carried on the person applications.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"Larry" wrote

What I can't figure out is why the Spot box doesn't have a 12V input.
Skip
told me in an email it takes some kind of expensive battery pack.

The SPOT just used two AA batteries but they recommend Litihum. Alkaline
can be used in a pinch but they say transmisson power will be reduced.

It really should have a 12 V jack but it was primarily designed for back
packing and other carried on the person applications.

--
Roger Long

What it needs more than that is a website that works. It's down again.

--
Gregory Hall

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:01:56 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

wrote

No, it's not. If you had ever been there, you'd know why. If Skip has
anchored there, he'll probably spend the night wishing he hadn't.

I don't think they anchored. Usually Skip leaves his SPOT on and there
would be a few fixes in nearly the same place. It looks to me like it
stopped transmitting for some reason.

The page has been down for maintenance. Maybe it stopped updating on
their end. It's been down all day, and now they have a temp page up
saying that the "sharing" pages are BETA and there will be frequent
outages for just that feature.

Skip v. Joe: Who is the best captain? Bob ASA 4 February 22nd 08 05:24 PM
Skip and Lydia ? Wayne.B Cruising 12 December 13th 07 04:39 AM
Hey Skip..... Wut up? Bob Cruising 2 November 19th 07 02:20 PM
Where is Skip and the Flying Pig? [email protected] Cruising 83 September 30th 07 03:52 AM
Yo,, Skip .. your off the hook ... NE Sailboat Cruising 2 April 7th 07 03:34 AM