Default Maine Passage

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:50:24 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
. ..
snipped
Live and learn, I thought. And, that is exactly what he has done. I'm
sure that his vision of a dream boat has changed a bit from what it
was several years ago, but so has mine, and probably everyone else
that ever owned a boat, wife, car, house, or dog.

But, Skip is out there living his dream and the rest of the group
seems to be sitting on their collective ass' and rambling on about how
he "should be doing it" forgetting that he IS doing it.

more snippage
I agree with nearly all your post, Bruce, but I suggest you never let your
wife see that bit about _owning- a wife.
I would never dare....

One usually mentions little vignettes like this in the heat of a
marital debate on who takes the garbage out, or other important
subject. Whereupon one is reminded of the statement in any future
conflict until the end of time.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

It's like when one dated one's future wife... you chase her until she
catches you.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:42:14 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

One usually mentions little vignettes like this in the heat of a
marital debate on who takes the garbage out, or other important
subject. Whereupon one is reminded of the statement in any future
conflict until the end of time.

That is what contained me when tempers flared.
After learning how it works, of course.
"If I say this, will I hear about it until I'm dead?"
After a bit of practice, you don't even think it.

--Vic

wrote

How far did you sail in the last 10 days?

Oops. I see I left out the "non-stop" which makes it a bit more of a
yardstick.

--
Roger Long

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:08:12 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

wrote

How far did you sail in the last 10 days?

Oops. I see I left out the "non-stop" which makes it a bit more of a
yardstick.

It would still be silly and meaningless in the context of the thread.
What does what I did in the past 10 days have to do with anything?

Did anyone else not get my point?

--
Roger Long

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:46:01 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Did anyone else not get my point?

Sure, and weren't they a couple hundred miles offshore most of the
voyage?
Quite a trip, really. How many miles is that?

--Vic

About 1000 miles in 8-9 days.

--
Roger Long

It's called "Life", dog.

As is "Having One".

Very odd assessment, unless you have a condition similar to Skip's.

I - actually we - are looking forward to it.

Have you ever thought about what you would do when off watch and
not sleeping?

Skip writes.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

wrote:

One usually mentions little vignettes like this in the heat of a
marital debate on who takes the garbage out, or other important
subject. Whereupon one is reminded of the statement in any future
conflict until the end of time.

That is what contained me when tempers flared.
After learning how it works, of course.
"If I say this, will I hear about it until I'm dead?"
After a bit of practice, you don't even think it.

--Vic

I suspect it is one of the rites of passage in growing up. Learning
what is safe to say to the woman in your life. "Do these pants make my
butt look fat?' "Uh, did you see that Robin on that guy's lawn?"

Bruce-in-Bangkok