Default Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
news:200806081346428930-jerelull@maccom...
The "war on drugs" is as misguided and destructive as prohibition was.

--
Jere Lull

You were responding to a known liar, thief, and stalker, aka Neal Warren,
but I agree with your statement.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-06-06 15:01:43 -0400, "Capt. JG" said:

Hmm. You do realize you are mindlessly repeating propaganda you've been
fed by talk radio too, right?

Or, he's actually thinking. Either could be true. The right-wingnut talk
radio shows are fairly popular as well last I checked.

Surprisingly, it seems that *only* the right-wingnut talk shows are
interesting enough to survive.

The left-wingnut shows were so deadly dull boring.

--
Jere Lull

Yes, the truth is often boring. Actually, I never have listened to either,
since I find the right-wingnut stuff to be intellectually insulting, and I
don't need to be convinced by the left-wingnuts about who is truly evil.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Default Kook claims (was Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?)

Capt. JG wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message

More than enough money to supply all that stuff disappeared into the
companies run by Cheney's chums. Twice as much of our money was

spent to
give the USCG the equipment they need and they didn't get so much as a
usable RIB out of it.

Any clue why a politician would want to risk life in prison to make their
"chums" rich? People spout this so much and never stop to think of how
ridiculous it is. These are bad, evil people taking huge risks for someone
else?? It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Huh? People risk jail time all the time for profit motive. They do it for
themselves and for others, which is not mutually exclusive.

Let's try again. The popular contention is that all these politicians
are making decisions so that their *friends* can profit, not themselves.
As we all know, high profile politicians like presidents and
vice-presidents have their finances highly scrutinized until the day
they die. Any large influx of money would shortly be obvious to the
entire world, so we all know they can't get any significant kickbacks or
profit of any sort remotely related to any companies who profited while
the politician was in office.

So the kooks, who have to come up with some motive for their contention
of corruption, are then relegated to claiming the politician is doing it
all for their friends. As if there is or ever has been any type of
criminal who does such a thing. I've never heard of any criminal who
wasn't going to profit from his crime if he succeeded. Has anyone else?
People just don't break the law for that reason. It's not part of human
psychology. Never has been.

And yet the kook claims goes on and on because no one ever stops for
five seconds to think about how ridiculous it is.

Stephen

Stephen Trapani wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

You're either very naive, or you think the readers are.

The entire business and political world works on favors given without an
explicit promise of the favor returned. Most of us only see this on a
small scale: the vendor gives an extra portion, knowing that it will
create goodwill that will come back eventually. But if you give a
sizable contribution to one politician, that will guarantee a favorable
hearing not just with that politician, but with all others of his party.
And when a businessman gets favorable treatment from politicians,
essentially stealing from the common folk, is he called a thief? Nope,
he's called a "conservative." (OK, a few are called Democrats)

And yet the kook claims goes on and on because no one ever stops for
five seconds to think about how ridiculous it is.

Are these the kooks who are still wondering where their investment in
Enron went to?

Default Right-wingnut Kook claims ((was Kook claims)was Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?))

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Really? After they leave office? Bill Clinton, to use the counter example,
made $100M last year. Do you know all the details?

So the kooks, who have to come up with some motive for their contention of
corruption, are then relegated to claiming the politician is doing it all
for their friends. As if there is or ever has been any type of criminal
who does such a thing. I've never heard of any criminal who wasn't going
to profit from his crime if he succeeded. Has anyone else?

You're right. Cheney is a criminal, and he will profit. So will Bush and his
oil buddies. Certainly, they won't be glad to ensure his cushy life after he
leaves office. He only netted them billions.

People just don't break the law for that reason. It's not part of human
psychology. Never has been.

And yet the kook claims goes on and on because no one ever stops for five
seconds to think about how ridiculous it is.

Yeah, like you.

Stephen

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:12:53 -0700, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

I think that if you look hard enough, or even not that hard, you can
find instances where someone didi something to help others get rich,
and then was rewarded by those peole with gifts, such as a amnsion to
live in, and all bills for the mansion being paid. We had a local
"Italian businessman" who kept his mouth shut and did his time, rather
than trade some information for his freedom. When he got out,
"someone" bought him a very nice restaurant to help him get back on
his feet.

Don't worry about when Cheney gets his cut. He'll get it, if he hasn't
already.

Really? You think he's much richer than he was? Or soon will be? And no
one will be able to tell?

Stephen

jeff wrote:
Stephen Trapani wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Think about what you're saying. Cheney, who was selected by Bush as his
running mate, so badly wanted to be *vice-president* that he
surreptitiously promised to sacrifice the well being of the country so
these companies could make billions and billions of dollars in profits.
Does that really make sense to you?

Usually the contention is that they are "friends" or "chums." You're
saying they may or may not be friends, but they were instrumental in get
him to be vice-president and he was so grateful and cares so little
about the country?

Stephen

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

I know he made close to that before he got in office and he makes a
great deal on the speaking circuit. I also know that there are
multitudes of reporters investigating him in hopes of a big story, just
like there are for every ex-president.

So the kooks, who have to come up with some motive for their contention of
corruption, are then relegated to claiming the politician is doing it all
for their friends. As if there is or ever has been any type of criminal
who does such a thing. I've never heard of any criminal who wasn't going
to profit from his crime if he succeeded. Has anyone else?

You're right. Cheney is a criminal, and he will profit. So will Bush and his
oil buddies. Certainly, they won't be glad to ensure his cushy life after he
leaves office. He only netted them billions.

Do you repeat this so many times in gets imprinted in your brain? Like I
said, if you want it to stay there, don't actually think about it for
more than five seconds or you will see how dumb it is. So you think they
will secretly be much richer? Or you think they will obviously be much
richer and no one will care? Which insane theory do you subscribe to?

Stephen

wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

He's rich and will get richer... he's not required to release his tax
returns:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag... 7C0A9679C8B63

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Nope. Wrong again:

[...]

Yes. See the other link. I subscribe to the insane theory of reality over
wishful thinking.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com