Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Kook claims (was Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?)

wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:12:53 -0700, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
More than enough money to supply all that stuff disappeared into the
companies run by Cheney's chums. Twice as much of our money was

spent to
give the USCG the equipment they need and they didn't get so much as a
usable RIB out of it.
Any clue why a politician would want to risk life in prison to make their
"chums" rich? People spout this so much and never stop to think of how
ridiculous it is. These are bad, evil people taking huge risks for someone
else?? It doesn't make a bit of sense.
Huh? People risk jail time all the time for profit motive. They do it for
themselves and for others, which is not mutually exclusive.

Let's try again. The popular contention is that all these politicians
are making decisions so that their *friends* can profit, not themselves.
As we all know, high profile politicians like presidents and
vice-presidents have their finances highly scrutinized until the day
they die. Any large influx of money would shortly be obvious to the
entire world, so we all know they can't get any significant kickbacks or
profit of any sort remotely related to any companies who profited while
the politician was in office.

So the kooks, who have to come up with some motive for their contention
of corruption, are then relegated to claiming the politician is doing it
all for their friends. As if there is or ever has been any type of
criminal who does such a thing. I've never heard of any criminal who
wasn't going to profit from his crime if he succeeded. Has anyone else?
People just don't break the law for that reason. It's not part of human
psychology. Never has been.

And yet the kook claims goes on and on because no one ever stops for
five seconds to think about how ridiculous it is.

Stephen

I think that if you look hard enough, or even not that hard, you can
find instances where someone didi something to help others get rich,
and then was rewarded by those peole with gifts, such as a amnsion to
live in, and all bills for the mansion being paid. We had a local
"Italian businessman" who kept his mouth shut and did his time, rather
than trade some information for his freedom. When he got out,
"someone" bought him a very nice restaurant to help him get back on
his feet.

Don't worry about when Cheney gets his cut. He'll get it, if he hasn't
already.

Really? You think he's much richer than he was? Or soon will be? And no
one will be able to tell?

Stephen