Default Where will we go after West Marine goes under?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=wmar
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080326?rpc=44
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080327/west_...over.html?.v=3

$65.4M loss....burning through cash pretty quick.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=WMAR

Poor mutual fund holders losing their asses....

$7.19/share...falling in after hours trading more.

Boating is in trouble. Listen to their investor conference call:
http://tinyurl.com/3belex

You'll probably order direct from China ... that where all this stuff
is made and thats where all our (former) capital has migrated to.

Unless you're a shyster, an 'educator' or politician ... you'll have
to go 'elsewhere' than the US to make money or buy anything.

"Roger Long" wrote in news:47f00650$0$22827
:

http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/t1.html

Thanks....great catalogue...

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I'll got to Hamilton Marine where I always do.

You can too:

http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/t1.html

Great outfit. Old time Maine service and integrity.

--
Roger Long

Yup... if don't need it *now*, it's fine!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Larry" wrote in message
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=wmar
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080326?rpc=44
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080327/west_...over.html?.v=3

$65.4M loss....burning through cash pretty quick.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=WMAR

Poor mutual fund holders losing their asses....

$7.19/share...falling in after hours trading more.

Boating is in trouble. Listen to their investor conference call:
http://tinyurl.com/3belex

============

Larry,, there is a reason that West has a new CEO.. big changes on the way.

West has too many stores today, many will be shut.

The entire boating business is down except for the rich. In fact, down east
the yacht business is booming.

For the average boat owner, the cost of owning/operating/and the taxes, etc
have ruined it for everyone.
Even crazy people who own sailboats have a limit.

Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=wmar
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080326?rpc=44
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080327/west_...over.html?.v=3

$65.4M loss....burning through cash pretty quick.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=WMAR

Poor mutual fund holders losing their asses....

$7.19/share...falling in after hours trading more.

Boating is in trouble. Listen to their investor conference call:
http://tinyurl.com/3belex

============

Larry,, there is a reason that West has a new CEO.. big changes on the way.

West has too many stores today, many will be shut.

The entire boating business is down except for the rich. In fact, down east
the yacht business is booming.

For the average boat owner, the cost of owning/operating/and the taxes, etc
have ruined it for everyone.

Even crazy people who own sailboats have a limit.

We aren't there yet.
But if some aspiring governmebt worker figures out how to tax the wind...

--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

Too much of the US economy is based upon excess consumption and easy credit.
Many people buy things they don't really need or can't afford. Just take a
look on the water - big, expensive Bayliners with idiots at the helm. The
US economy is now returning to where it should be - houses are becoming more
affordable and leisure good are once again becoming a luxury. I most
certainly welcome it! Less people on the water, food prices will solve the
obesity epidemic and gas prices will solve traffic and pollution problems.
Lower tax revenue will shrink the size of government. People will learn to
focus more on living rather than spending.

"Tony Helton" wrote in message
Too much of the US economy is based upon excess consumption and easy
credit. Many people buy things they don't really need or can't afford.
Just take a look on the water - big, expensive Bayliners with idiots at
the helm. The US economy is now returning to where it should be - houses
are becoming more affordable and leisure good are once again becoming a
luxury. I most certainly welcome it! Less people on the water, food prices
will solve the obesity epidemic and gas prices will solve traffic and
pollution problems. Lower tax revenue will shrink the size of government.
People will learn to focus more on living rather than spending.

I like the way you think. I wish there were more people like you around
because it would be a saner and less disgustingly obese country that wallows
in ignorance and hedonism. It says a great deal about this country when you
look around and see that so-called 'poor' people are just as obese or even
more so than the 'rich' people. And so-called poor people have two color TVs
with cable and just about all of them own one or two cars and their houses
are air conditioned and they all have hot and cold running water and they
own washers and dryers, ovens, dishwashers etc. Our so-called poor live like
kings compared to the real poor in many other countries and yet they
complain about how bad they have it and they demand govt. handouts and
taxpayer financed health care, etc. Sad!

These idiots (lending institutions and borrowers) who had no business
borrowing well above their ability to pay a loan back and the lending
institutions that allowed the unqualified to borrow should all be forced to
go bankrupt or close their doors. This would be a lesson to future such
insane activities. Act irresponsibly - lose your ass! And that's the way it
should be. There is no free ride. As the bikers used to tell the biker
babes, "Ass, grass or gas - nobody rides for free!" You've got to let the
free-market have its normal cyclical ups and downs. The more govt. tries to
interfere with the normal swings the harder the whole thing will finally
crash.

There needs to be a law passed something along the lines that any luxury
item and recreational boats are luxury items have to be paid for with cash.
No financing allowed. And a large cash bond of say a million dollars for
liability would need to be posted. This would get the ignorant,
irresponsible jerks off the water.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in

West has too many stores today, many will be shut.

Charleston has 3, including the old Boat/US store they bought. I suspect
it and the N Charleston store to close as the West Ashley store is just
across the river from the main marinas. Boaters World is also open here.
Not sure what their condition is.

You're right about boating for only the rich, now. How can any "vehicle"
that has no tires/suspension system/air conditioning of any kind/ and such
a rudimentary engine and transmission with so few real systems sell for so
much money. They killed themselves with greed.

cavelamb himself wrote in news:13v0clammavn1a4
@corp.supernews.com:

But if some aspiring governmebt worker figures out how to tax the wind...

Gotcha covered in South Carolina. We have "personal property tax" on all
boats, even my 9.6' Watertender someone on the dock gave me. The STATE
bill for its license numbers just came in the mail, again.

Luckily, its engine is under 5hp, putting it under the tax radar here.
It's a Yamaha 3.

I pay more PP tax on the dingy than I do on my old Mercedes because the
dingy is a 2000 model.

I've a mind to take THEIR boat down and just park it on the goddamned
county's front stoop....I only used it twice this year and it's simply not
worth it. My neighbor's kids used it for a kiddie pool more than I used it
for a boat!

Makes a great kiddie pool....(c;

West Marine Eisboch General 59 May 26th 07 05:40 PM
Damn you West Marine JimH General 1 March 15th 06 02:54 AM
West Marine is Terrible nobody Cruising 47 January 28th 06 03:02 PM
West Marine Question Bobsprit ASA 2 September 28th 04 01:27 PM
West Marine Really Sucks nospam Cruising 14 February 3rd 04 09:29 PM