cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Where will we go after West Marine goes under?

Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=wmar
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080326?rpc=44
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080327/west_...over.html?.v=3

$65.4M loss....burning through cash pretty quick.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=WMAR

Poor mutual fund holders losing their asses....

$7.19/share...falling in after hours trading more.

Boating is in trouble. Listen to their investor conference call:
http://tinyurl.com/3belex

============

Larry,, there is a reason that West has a new CEO.. big changes on the way.

West has too many stores today, many will be shut.

The entire boating business is down except for the rich. In fact, down east
the yacht business is booming.

For the average boat owner, the cost of owning/operating/and the taxes, etc
have ruined it for everyone.

Even crazy people who own sailboats have a limit.

We aren't there yet.
But if some aspiring governmebt worker figures out how to tax the wind...

--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne