Default Where will we go after West Marine goes under?

"Larry" wrote in message
"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in
$Ps1.4197@trndny08:

Have not been back but will go .. just to see if anything changed.

Our "other employees" are those wannabee snobs from the docks in any
marina. They dress all up like a rich boater, which they're, obviously
from having to work at West Marine for a pittance, NOT. I always wear my
sloppiest jeans, black pocket T-shirt and dirty old Adidas sneakers so I
can follow around the yachtie Sperry Topsiders, those tan "boat shorts"
with the funny patch pockets and the designer casual shirts from exotic
islands sometimes capped off by the "broker look" wide brim Panama hat.

You're truly lucky if you get the time of day, to say nothing of where the
toilet parts are for the **** pump...(c;

Maybe I have an attitude problem not properly projected when I say, "Have
you got this valve for the head?", handing him the old one so he can see
what I'm looking for that I took out from under the plunger not 30 minutes
a go and it's still "wet"....(c;

I don't understand why they handle my Chase Business VISA and West Marine
discount card with rubber gloves at all! Don't they have heads on their
boats?? Maybe not the kind that will flush....hmmm...

Maybe if his boss got out of the way so I could get to the store head and
wash MY hands it would make a difference......

They can't jack up the prices much higher because they're aleady charging
the MSRP in the catalogs.....especially for **** pump parts where they
think they got you by the short hairs.....(c;

You're lucky. If I worked at your store and you came in dripping of **** &
crap holding out a part from an overused head...I'd reach for the industrial
sized can of Lysol and give you a good sprayin'. ;-)

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

just shooting your mouth off.

What's YOUR interest in Waste Marine? Investor? Employee?

Why the defense?

"Don White" wrote in
:

You're lucky. If I worked at your store and you came in dripping of
**** & crap holding out a part from an overused head...I'd reach for
the industrial sized can of Lysol and give you a good sprayin'. ;-)

Hmm...."He sprayed it in my eyes, Your Honor.".....

Larry wrote in news:Xns9A746CBD49C23noonehomecom@
208.49.80.253:

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

just shooting your mouth off.

What's YOUR interest in Waste Marine? Investor? Employee?

Why the defense?

I have zip, zero, nada interest in West Marine other than I buy products
from them, as well as lots of other vendors. I do my price research and
buy from the least expensive vendor.

My point is that why do you shop there if you don't like them? If there
are other places that offer better deals, support those stores. The
reality of the matter is that in many areas there aren't alternatives. Adn
when there are, there often isn't a lot of price difference. If this was
such a great business to get into, the market would be full of competitors.
But as you can see by WMAR's performance, it's a tough market.

I think that you should put up, or shut up. Don't go bad mouthing them and
then walk in their door. Your comments make you appear as a "Do as I say
and not as I do" type of individual.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Don White a écrit :

You're lucky. If I worked at your store and you came in dripping of **** &
crap holding out a part from an overused head...I'd reach for the industrial
sized can of Lysol and give you a good sprayin'. ;-)

What else can you expect from Don WHITE ?

--
http://francois.lonchamp.free.fr
Un doigt de linguistique ... et un soupçon de voile

[...]

This is the problem... boats are messy. Things on boats that need fixing
are messy and smelly.
and oily etc.

go into a WM and the kids looks like he has never seen a bildge. in my
case, i already know what
i want,, but try to get it..... very frustrating.

when i am driving 1 1/4 hours to go to Hamilton Marine, on Portland .. ya
got to know WM is bad.

Larry wrote:
"Don White" wrote in
:

You're lucky. If I worked at your store and you came in dripping of
**** & crap holding out a part from an overused head...I'd reach for
the industrial sized can of Lysol and give you a good sprayin'. ;-)

Hmm...."He sprayed it in my eyes, Your Honor.".....

He brought that bio-hazard into a public place!
Terreristic threats made by trying to pass it around...

--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

"lonchamp" wrote in message
Don White a écrit :

You're lucky. If I worked at your store and you came in dripping of ****
& crap holding out a part from an overused head...I'd reach for the
industrial sized can of Lysol and give you a good sprayin'. ;-)

What else can you expect from Don WHITE ?

The truth... and the whole truth....so help me..

West Marine Eisboch General 59 May 26th 07 05:40 PM
Damn you West Marine JimH General 1 March 15th 06 02:54 AM
West Marine is Terrible nobody Cruising 47 January 28th 06 03:02 PM
West Marine Question Bobsprit ASA 2 September 28th 04 01:27 PM
West Marine Really Sucks nospam Cruising 14 February 3rd 04 09:29 PM