Parallax

Default slip or mooring costs

I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

Carrabelle, FL
I pay $159/month for a slip at a fixed dock .5 miles from open water.
I have access to power and water. No pump out facility. There are no
other charges. Of course, my boat stays in the slip all year. I am
certain that if I looked nearby I could find a private dock for less
than $100/month but I like being right in Carrabelle.
Steve

I'm as a small marina (~36 slips) and they charge $5/ft/month. Water is
available but is secured during winter. Electric is optional and is $2/day
or $37.50/mo. The nearest pumpout is 10 miles away and cost $2. There is a
public restroom ashore but no showers.

The location is about 180 miles for the Pacific ocean, however being on the
Hood Canal and part of the Puget Sound of the Pacific NW. there is plenty of
good sailing and more good anchorages to explore, within day or two.

The next nearest marina (25miles) is 1st class, but charges $8/ft. There is
public marina (Port of Shelton) that charges $3.35/ft, however I have been
on the waiting list there for about 4 years and there are still 3 boat ahead
of me.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Baybyter

Im in a very large marina (600+boats) about 20 miles south of the sailing
capital of Annapolis on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay. My marina
charges by the size of the slip and a 30 ft slip by 13 ft wide runs around
$2,000 per year. Bigger slips are proportionately more costly. This is a full
service marina with just about every type of service is available. The cost
of haul out and winter storage on the hard is an additional $500 or so. The
price includes the use of a small pool as well as the use of a companion
marina's facilities about 10 miles away. That marina has a large pool, tennis
courts, restaurants, etc.

This marina is competively priced, or perhaps a bit lower than other marinas on
this part of the Chesapeake. Slips costs tend to rise the nearer one gets to
Annapolis.

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes (Parallax) wrote:

I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

We are off the Potomac River in Maryland. The slip is about
$12/ft/quarter (i.e. for 3 months) on a yearly contract and the
electricity is metered. (Since it is from a co-op, we get the
electricity at cost.) The water is free. Pumpouts are done at the
dock (they have a little golf cart that comes to you) and are $5 @.

(Transient rates are about $1.00/ft/day with $25 minimum. Weekly
$4.00/foot Monthly $8.00/foot (open) $12.00/foot (covered). There is
a charge for electricity. There is a discount from November to
March.)

They have four showers per sex in two different locations, laundry
facilities and a pool.

There is a yard with both a marine railway and a travelift. They do
work on boats (Mechanical (Diesel and Gas inboard, I/O, OB),
Electrical (AC & DC wiring, electronics), Fiberglass, wood and metal
fabrication and repair, Painting, brightwork, and AWLGRIP) or you can
DIY. There is no extra cost for the boat hauled v.s. in the slip
(although they do charge to haul it of course)

The marina is very protected, but it takes us only about 15 minutes to
get out of the creek into the Potomac (not even very many crab pots)
where we can sail, and takes about an hour to get down to the
Chesapeake Bay.

There is a restaurant and parking, and the marina has various events
in the summer. The marina will lend you bikes or a truck to go to the
local (within 5 miles) store. There are also two adjacent restaurants
that you can walk to from the marina.

grandma Rosalie

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

Rosalie B. wrote:

(Parallax) wrote:

I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

We are off the Potomac River in Maryland. The slip is about
$12/ft/quarter (i.e. for 3 months) on a yearly contract and the
electricity is metered. (Since it is from a co-op, we get the
electricity at cost.) The water is free. Pumpouts are done at the
dock (they have a little golf cart that comes to you) and are $5 @.

OK forgot to say - fixed docks with short finger piers but our slip
has a full length dock beside it. We have only about 2 foot tides
there though so a fixed dock isn't so bad.

[...]

warping, tight slip, adverse wind Charles T. Low General 8 February 15th 04 11:29 PM
mooring anchors Parallax General 5 October 14th 03 05:05 PM
soft, spongy cored decks - repair method and costs? [email protected] Cruising 12 September 30th 03 06:01 PM
Boat slip (townhouse included) Charlie Judice General 0 August 4th 03 08:41 PM