Rosalie B.

Default slip or mooring costs

x-no-archive:yes

Rosalie B. wrote:

(Parallax) wrote:

I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

We are off the Potomac River in Maryland. The slip is about
$12/ft/quarter (i.e. for 3 months) on a yearly contract and the
electricity is metered. (Since it is from a co-op, we get the
electricity at cost.) The water is free. Pumpouts are done at the
dock (they have a little golf cart that comes to you) and are $5 @.

OK forgot to say - fixed docks with short finger piers but our slip
has a full length dock beside it. We have only about 2 foot tides
there though so a fixed dock isn't so bad.

(Transient rates are about $1.00/ft/day with $25 minimum. Weekly
$4.00/foot Monthly $8.00/foot (open) $12.00/foot (covered). There is
a charge for electricity. There is a discount from November to
March.)

They have four showers per sex in two different locations, laundry
facilities and a pool.

There is a yard with both a marine railway and a travelift. They do
work on boats (Mechanical (Diesel and Gas inboard, I/O, OB),
Electrical (AC & DC wiring, electronics), Fiberglass, wood and metal
fabrication and repair, Painting, brightwork, and AWLGRIP) or you can
DIY. There is no extra cost for the boat hauled v.s. in the slip
(although they do charge to haul it of course)

The marina is very protected, but it takes us only about 15 minutes to
get out of the creek into the Potomac (not even very many crab pots)
where we can sail, and takes about an hour to get down to the
Chesapeake Bay.

There is a restaurant and parking, and the marina has various events
in the summer. The marina will lend you bikes or a truck to go to the
local (within 5 miles) store. There are also two adjacent restaurants
that you can walk to from the marina.

grandma Rosalie

grandma Rosalie
Steve

Ouch!

I always wondered what boaters paid in and around the Big Apple.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Jay

850.00/season for double finger floating slip me: (under 20ft) Closed
20mile riverway.

-j

"Parallax" wrote in message
om...
I am curious about slip or mooring costs around the country. Please
reply telling the costs in your area and whether it is a slip or
mooring and what that provides and if there are any other costs.

Carrabelle, FL
I pay $159/month for a slip at a fixed dock .5 miles from open water.
I have access to power and water. No pump out facility. There are no
other charges. Of course, my boat stays in the slip all year. I am
certain that if I looked nearby I could find a private dock for less
than $100/month but I like being right in Carrabelle.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 24 Feb 2004 18:17:37 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:12:10 -0800, "Steve" said:

I always wondered what boaters paid in and around the Big Apple.

There are places for considerably less on City Island in the Bronx. Around
$23 a foot with launch service. In Jersey City you pay a lot for quick
access from the City. If I remember correctly, hauling in Jersey City runs
about another $50 a foot.

That is a mooring, not a slip. In any case, City Island is a long trip
by public transportation. Taxis would easily eat up the difference in
price, and take a lot longer than the PATH to NJ.

I don't know what hauling in JC costs I take Gjo/a to Mamaroneck for
haulout.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Never eat more in a single day than your head weighs." --Jim Harrison

warping, tight slip, adverse wind Charles T. Low General 8 February 15th 04 11:29 PM
mooring anchors Parallax General 5 October 14th 03 05:05 PM
soft, spongy cored decks - repair method and costs? [email protected] Cruising 12 September 30th 03 06:01 PM
Boat slip (townhouse included) Charlie Judice General 0 August 4th 03 08:41 PM