Default Castro has resigned,,, ok,, how will this effect us.. the sailboat crowd ??

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:53:42 -0800, Lloyd Bonafide wrote:

Count me out buddy. Cuba has had nuclear missiles aimed at the US for 45
years. The place would have to be carpet bombed by SAC before I would even
consider setting foot there.

I know, you were just a simple caveman who fell into a crevasse in a
glacier and froze solid...oh about the 1st of October 1963...until our
scientists found you and thawed you out last week...our modern ways must
frighten and confuse you...

On Feb 19, 7:22 pm, "mr.b" wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:53:42 -0800, Lloyd Bonafide wrote:
Count me out buddy. Cuba has had nuclear missiles aimed at the US for 45
years. The place would have to be carpet bombed by SAC before I would even
consider setting foot there.

I know, you were just a simple caveman who fell into a crevasse in a
glacier and froze solid...oh about the 1st of October 1963...until our
scientists found you and thawed you out last week...our modern ways must
frighten and confuse you...

For those of us who do not want to benefit the Cuban dictatorship by
sailing there, in order to be consistent we also have to be willing to
boycott Chinese products and Vietnamese. No problemo, I stopped
buying anything from Wal Mart when they went all Chinese all the
time. Chinese goods are so poorly made that even with the low prices
they actually cost you more because you have to replace them when they
break. Thus we have a double reason not to buy Chinese. I also
advocate that we all boycott the olympics this year. I strongly
advocate self determination for Taiwan. If you are in the market for
a computer, remember Lenovo is Chinese made.

On 2008-02-19 08:03:46 -0500, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
said:

It is obvious that change is coming to Cuba. The old Communists are
retiring. Soon,, who knows.

Don't count on it. There are younger "communists" willing to do what it
takes to continue things as they are.

Personally, the idea of US Presidents and legislatures doing the same
thing for 40 years and expecting a different outcome.... well, that's
one definition for insanity. The Communist regime would have dissolved
in short order without the embargo holding it up.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:29:34 -0800, ohara5.0 wrote:

On Feb 19, 7:22 pm, "mr.b" wrote:
[...]

fair enough, but don't blame the Chinese...after all, they're playing by
rules many in your country like...i.e., no unions, low wages, no benefits,
no health care, as few holidays as possible, no pensions etc... BTW I feel
you about MallWart, but how do you feel about the big 3? Still buying
"domestic"? I was being harassed on the highway the other day by some
jackass in a big Dodge pickup who had one of those moronic bumper stickers
that said "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign" Apparently he had a
pickle up his ass about my 18 year old Honda Accord...that was built in
Tennessee...by Americans...

but to the point, some of you Americans are in the most desperate need for
travel...I mean how long can anyone stare at their belly button and still
be AAMAAAZZEDDD at its grandeur!!!!

Capt. JG wrote:

Do you think Canada would have him?

No fricken way! Remember, we're more pinko than Cuba! We've been
enjoying vacationing in Cuba for many years. More than 40 of them
without running into "The Ugly American"! ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Jere Lull wrote:

Personally, the idea of US Presidents and legislatures doing the same
thing for 40 years and expecting a different outcome.... well, that's
one definition for insanity. The Communist regime would have dissolved
in short order without the embargo holding it up.

Exactly Jere, free trade would bring prosperity, prosperity brings
education, education brings democracy. Embargo's bring oppression and
totalitarianism.

Cheers
Marty

On 2008-02-19 22:34:12 -0500, WaIIy said:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:02:11 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Personally, the idea of US Presidents and legislatures doing the same
thing for 40 years and expecting a different outcome.... well, that's
one definition for insanity. The Communist regime would have dissolved
in short order without the embargo holding it up.

Too bad you aren't in charge, everything would be fine with Cuba.

No way I'd take the job. Politicians don't even have the ethics of
lawyers. I have *some* integrity. ;-)

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

wrote in message

Then why can the DHS legally seize your boat in waters off of Long
Island if they simply claim you intended to sail to Cuba?

That's been going on for over 200 years. It's called civil forfieture were
the contraband is charged with the crime and seized. They'll take your boat
but you will never be charged. It all comes under Admiralty Law, and evil
institution used on land. Ever wonder why the gold fringe is around the
American flag in the courtroom? You are under admiralty law jurisdiction. We
need the fully informed jury amendment and juries must use their powers of
Jury Nullification to overcome oppressive government. Patriots unite!

wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:15:23 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:03:46 GMT, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

It is obvious that change is coming to Cuba. The old Communists are
retiring. Soon,, who knows.

I've flown over Cuba a couple of times. It is a very beautiful island.
And
all that warm, blue sea.

And those harbors! With no marina's!

I would love to sail to Havana. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

From what I've read, there have been boaters going to Cuba for years,
although it is illegal.

Soon it will be legal!

Viva la Cuba .. !!!

What a trip... down the coast, stop at some keys,, a little Key West and
then

Set the sails... we are heading to Havana!

They have Marinas. It is only illegal for US citizens to go there.

Actually, I think it's only illegal to spend money there, assuming you can
get a permit to go there of course.

Then why can the DHS legally seize your boat in waters off of Long
Island if they simply claim you intended to sail to Cuba?

I think they can legally seize your boat anywhere.. but I believe it is now
illegal for citizens to travel to Cuba. Thanks a lot Bush!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ground Effect Sailboat Joe ASA 8 September 1st 06 11:52 PM
Ground Effect Sailboat Joe ASA 3 September 1st 06 02:19 PM
OT Humor. Especially for the motorcycle crowd. Bill McKee General 7 July 22nd 05 11:11 PM
Any canadian boats (or others) heading to Castro land? boatgeek Cruising 0 March 6th 05 07:34 PM
Castro says (WPLG News) Vito ASA 9 February 10th 05 12:43 AM