JOEANDKV

Default Running boat from New London-Buffalo,NY

I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it to Buffalo
via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me and the wife) This is
his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this is a terrific way for him to learn
about the boat etc. I have only been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of
wisdom---Bridges--places to stay etc etc?/--- Thanks---
Vic Fraenckel

The Erie Canal is closed for the winter. If you go this route next spring
you must be concerned about the height. I know for a fact that the max
height at the lock near my home is 22 feet in a full lock.

HTH

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
-Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

"JOEANDKV" wrote in message
| I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it to
Buffalo
| via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me and the wife)
This is
| his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this is a terrific way for him to
learn
| about the boat etc. I have only been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of
| wisdom---Bridges--places to stay etc etc?/--- Thanks---

Vic Fraenckel

"JOEANDKV" wrote in message
| I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it to
Buffalo
| via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me and the wife)
This is
| his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this is a terrific way for him to
learn
| about the boat etc. I have only been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of
| wisdom---Bridges--places to stay etc etc?/--- Thanks---

Jeff Morris

First: Wait until spring! And do a bit of research on the canal system - some
years there's too much or too little water so there are limitations on the days
the canals are open. I have friends that were stranded in Oswego for a few
weeks.

Its an easy trip and a good introduction to a new boat. Having 3+ people helps
in the locks, but a 27 footer shouldn't be a problem in any case.

I put notes on our trip at:
http://www.sv-loki.com/Delivery/delivery.html

"JOEANDKV" wrote in message
I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it to Buffalo
via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me and the wife) This is
his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this is a terrific way for him to

learn
about the boat etc. I have only been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of
wisdom---Bridges--places to stay etc etc?/--- Thanks---

Armond Perretta

JOEANDKV wrote:
I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it
to Buffalo via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me
and the wife) This is his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this
is a terrific way for him to learn about the boat etc. I have only
been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of wisdom ... ?

Here are some words. You decide the wisdom part.

1. The recommended method for re-locating a 27 foot powerboat from New
London to Buffalo in January is by truck, so I hope your sales contract did
not stipulate a water delivery.

2. Having 4 people sleeping on a 27 footer in mid-winter somewhere on the
Hudson River is not necessarily a sure-fire recipe for building
relationships.

3. Good luck.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

JOEANDKV

Thanks--for the info--Slight confusion---The water trip willl be May or so
(maybe a tad warmer)-- Couldn't do it now anyway--boat is winterized and even
if we could run it now---where to get fuel----Any way--thanks for the info--
JOEANDKV

Thanks--for the info--Slight confusion---The water trip willl be May or so
(maybe a tad warmer)-- Couldn't do it now anyway--boat is winterized and even
if we could run it now---where to get fuel----Any way--thanks for the info--
Treat Hull

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message ...
JOEANDKV wrote:
I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it
to Buffalo via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me
and the wife) This is his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this
is a terrific way for him to learn about the boat etc. I have only
been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of wisdom ... ?

Here are some words. You decide the wisdom part.

1. The recommended method for re-locating a 27 foot powerboat from New
London to Buffalo in January is by truck, so I hope your sales contract did
not stipulate a water delivery.

2. Having 4 people sleeping on a 27 footer in mid-winter somewhere on the
Hudson River is not necessarily a sure-fire recipe for building
relationships.

3. Good luck.

The trip is a very nice one. We did it with four people five years ago
in June. On the way up the Hudson, we anchored one night right below
West Point. You also have to stop in Catskill, NY to drop the mast for
the Erie Canal. It's also a good place to stock up on wine, though
it's a cab ride to the liquor store.

Update on ICOM M-502 Harry Krause General 9 January 16th 04 04:21 AM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
Interesting history on a pretty neat boat..... Gould 0738 General 3 August 29th 03 03:24 PM