Treat Hull

Default Running boat from New London-Buffalo,NY

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message ...
JOEANDKV wrote:
I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it
to Buffalo via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me
and the wife) This is his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this
is a terrific way for him to learn about the boat etc. I have only
been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of wisdom ... ?

Here are some words. You decide the wisdom part.

1. The recommended method for re-locating a 27 foot powerboat from New
London to Buffalo in January is by truck, so I hope your sales contract did
not stipulate a water delivery.

2. Having 4 people sleeping on a 27 footer in mid-winter somewhere on the
Hudson River is not necessarily a sure-fire recipe for building
relationships.

3. Good luck.

The trip is a very nice one. We did it with four people five years ago
in June. On the way up the Hudson, we anchored one night right below
West Point. You also have to stop in Catskill, NY to drop the mast for
the Erie Canal. It's also a good place to stock up on wine, though
it's a cab ride to the liquor store.
JAXAshby

You also have to stop in Catskill, NY to drop the mast for
the Erie Canal.

how high is the mast on a 27 foot Regal?
JAXAshby

You also have to stop in Catskill, NY to drop the mast for
the Erie Canal.

how high is the mast on a 27 foot Regal?
JOEANDKV

Hi again--I have been researching the Erie canal page--wow! quite
interesting---500+ miles of canals and you can buy a ticket for $37.50 for all
the locks---I"m actually looking forward to the trip--My wife is not a fan of
being out of sight of land orwaves over the bow--A few years ago I sold another
boat to a real nice guy(Also his first boat and he was 71 and a simply
beautiful 40 year old new wife. He wanted me to truck the boat to upper Maine
(I am in the boat hauling business) I refused--Told him NO WAY--we were going
to run it on it's own bottom- I was going to "learn him the fine art of
boating" plus he would get a beautiful trip. The boat was a 37ft 1965 Chris
Craft .The boat was as new--any way off to Maine from Mystic--Beautiful
trip--he and his new wife,me and my new main squeeze--One of the best trips of
my life--He is now in his 80's and we do talk frequently--he always bring up
that trip and the enjoyment of it . He now has a 50ft boat and still married
(and Happy) I have deliverd quite afew boats over the water and I always
remember that trip to Maine as one of the best---
JOEANDKV

[...]

Update on ICOM M-502 Harry Krause General 9 January 16th 04 04:21 AM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
Interesting history on a pretty neat boat..... Gould 0738 General 3 August 29th 03 03:24 PM