JOEANDKV

Default Running boat from New London-Buffalo,NY

Hi again--I have been researching the Erie canal page--wow! quite
interesting---500+ miles of canals and you can buy a ticket for $37.50 for all
the locks---I"m actually looking forward to the trip--My wife is not a fan of
being out of sight of land orwaves over the bow--A few years ago I sold another
boat to a real nice guy(Also his first boat and he was 71 and a simply
beautiful 40 year old new wife. He wanted me to truck the boat to upper Maine
(I am in the boat hauling business) I refused--Told him NO WAY--we were going
to run it on it's own bottom- I was going to "learn him the fine art of
boating" plus he would get a beautiful trip. The boat was a 37ft 1965 Chris
Craft .The boat was as new--any way off to Maine from Mystic--Beautiful
trip--he and his new wife,me and my new main squeeze--One of the best trips of
my life--He is now in his 80's and we do talk frequently--he always bring up
that trip and the enjoyment of it . He now has a 50ft boat and still married
(and Happy) I have deliverd quite afew boats over the water and I always
remember that trip to Maine as one of the best---