Treat Hull

Default Running boat from New London-Buffalo,NY

"Armond Perretta" wrote in message ...
JOEANDKV wrote:
I sold my boat to a guy in Buffalo and he wants me to delivery it
to Buffalo via waterways- He (age 65 and his new girlfriend plus me
and the wife) This is his first boat (27ft Regal) and I think this
is a terrific way for him to learn about the boat etc. I have only
been up to the Tappan Zee-- Any words of wisdom ... ?

Here are some words. You decide the wisdom part.

1. The recommended method for re-locating a 27 foot powerboat from New
London to Buffalo in January is by truck, so I hope your sales contract did
not stipulate a water delivery.

2. Having 4 people sleeping on a 27 footer in mid-winter somewhere on the
Hudson River is not necessarily a sure-fire recipe for building
relationships.

3. Good luck.

The trip is a very nice one. We did it with four people five years ago
in June. On the way up the Hudson, we anchored one night right below
West Point. You also have to stop in Catskill, NY to drop the mast for
the Erie Canal. It's also a good place to stock up on wine, though
it's a cab ride to the liquor store.