Ryk Ryk is offline

Default Dropcord Pricing...

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:40:09 +0000, in message

Larry wrote:

My buddy Joe's Jenneau 42 has two electrical systems, the original 220VAC
from France that runs the fridge and battery charger, and a simple 115VAC
system to power some internal American outlets and the MarineAir A/C box.

How about installing an onboard transformer to bump up the voltage for
the European fridge and charger? Unless the draw is huge that could be
a cost effective solution that you can power off the existing North
American connection. If the orange #14 hasn't melted yet, then it
can't be too big a load.

Ryk

Ryk wrote in
:

Larry wrote:

My buddy Joe's Jenneau 42 has two electrical systems, the original
220VAC from France that runs the fridge and battery charger, and a
simple 115VAC system to power some internal American outlets and the
MarineAir A/C box.

How about installing an onboard transformer to bump up the voltage for
the European fridge and charger? Unless the draw is huge that could be
a cost effective solution that you can power off the existing North
American connection. If the orange #14 hasn't melted yet, then it
can't be too big a load.

Ryk

That's also being submitted to the owner. We had a small transformer on
Lionheart, an Amel Sharki, for the fridge until we replaced it with a new
one. I've converted all its 220VAC outlets to 115 American, now.

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......

Slip Space Pricing Capt. JG ASA 1 January 31st 07 09:46 PM
Slip Space Pricing Alan Gomes ASA 0 January 31st 07 07:36 PM
Slip Space Pricing [email protected] ASA 0 January 31st 07 07:25 PM
Slip Space Pricing Edgar ASA 0 January 31st 07 06:23 PM
Slip Space Pricing Martin Baxter ASA 0 January 31st 07 05:34 PM