Larry Larry is offline

Default Dropcord Pricing...

Ryk wrote in
:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:40:09 +0000, in message

Larry wrote:

My buddy Joe's Jenneau 42 has two electrical systems, the original
220VAC from France that runs the fridge and battery charger, and a
simple 115VAC system to power some internal American outlets and the
MarineAir A/C box.

How about installing an onboard transformer to bump up the voltage for
the European fridge and charger? Unless the draw is huge that could be
a cost effective solution that you can power off the existing North
American connection. If the orange #14 hasn't melted yet, then it
can't be too big a load.

Ryk

That's also being submitted to the owner. We had a small transformer on
Lionheart, an Amel Sharki, for the fridge until we replaced it with a new
one. I've converted all its 220VAC outlets to 115 American, now.

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......