Skip Gundlach

Default Shamelessly stolen...

The Night Before Christmas
Author: unknown

T'was the night before Christmas, I swung on the hook

With snowflakes a'landing, asleep with my book

When up on the deck I heard footsteps and stuff

"I've been boarded!" I thought, and I tried to be tough

Then down the companionway hatch came a dude

He was dressed like a nut and I thought, "I'm so screwed"

But he laughed and he hummed as he surveyed my junk

So I figured he must be the resident drunk

His eyes were lit up like a junkie on speed

But he gave me a whole bunch of stuff that I need

Like rum and cigars and new charts and a dinghy

And some kind of fancy electrical thingy

I knew it was stolen but I wasn't telling

I just hoped he was giving and wasn't just selling

And I poured him a grog which he downed with a wink

Then I poured one for me (Lord I needed a drink!)

Then he staggered above to the dark snowy night

As I peeked I beheld an incredible sight

Eight tiny dolphins and a beautiful sleigh

And the dude hopped aboard and prepared to make way

The dolphins were ready to power the sled

But the guy raised a genny and mains'l instead

With a burp and a chuckle he gathered the breeze

And called to the dolphins, now swimming with ease

"Hey Stalker and FEMA and Cancer and Nixon!

Or Stinky and Pepper Spray, Mason, and Dixon!

Or whatever your names are, you cute little fishes,

Here's to every last sailor, my best Christmas wishes!"

As he sailed away leaving a wobbly wake

I hoped he had not many stops left to make

He got close to shore and he soon was aground

But the dolphins proceeded to pull him around

And I heard him exclaim as he sailed out of sight

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!"

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover." - Mark Twain

Peggie Hall

The Night Before Christmas
Author: unknown

The author is Gerald Ewing (aka Jerry the Keel Guy)...written in
December 1999. He'd brought down the house with his parody "Hey Mr. West
Marine Man" at a party during the Annapolis boat show that year and we
begged him to write us something for Christmas. He emailed it to me on
December 1...I posted it on the CWBB...and the rest, as they say, is
history. It's now become a Christmas classic among sailors online.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

[...]

Peggie Hall

The Night Before Christmas

Jere Lull

Peggie Hall wrote:

The Night Before Christmas
Author: unknown

The author is Gerald Ewing (aka Jerry the Keel Guy)...written in
December 1999. He'd brought down the house with his parody "Hey Mr.
West Marine Man" at a party during the Annapolis boat show that year
and we begged him to write us something for Christmas. He emailed it
to me on December 1...I posted it on the CWBB...and the rest, as they
say, is history. It's now become a Christmas classic among sailors
online.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall

I suspect Skip didn't know the original source. Thanks for supplying it.
I *wish* people would attribute what they borrow, but fear it's a lost
cause on the Internet. [I gave up tracing how many times pics from our
BVI pages have been reposted without attribution.]

--
Jere Lull

Jere Lull

Peggie Hall wrote:

The Night Before Christmas

Peggie Hall

I suspect Skip didn't know the original source.

I'm sure he didn't. It's been re-posted so many times in the 5 years
since Jerry emailed it to me and I posted on the Cruising World site
that it's unlikely that more than 10% of the people who've saved it and
reposted have a clue who wrote it.

Such is the way of the internet. I only wish I could be inspired to
write something that as many people would want to save and pass along.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Jere Lull

Peggie Hall wrote:

I suspect Skip didn't know the original source.

I'm sure he didn't. It's been re-posted so many times in the 5 years
since Jerry emailed it to me and I posted on the Cruising World site
that it's unlikely that more than 10% of the people who've saved it
and reposted have a clue who wrote it.

Such is the way of the internet. I only wish I could be inspired to
write something that as many people would want to save and pass along.

Suggest you do a search on your stuff. You've been quoted and referred
to more than anyone else I can think of on r.b.c. (flames excepted.)
Whenever you've been flamed, the regulars stomped on the flamer so hard
that you didn't have to do anything. Few authors on this group have that
much support.

Truth be told, I can't think of any r.b.c poster that is as well regarded.

--
Jere Lull

Padeen

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Padeen

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:02:46 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Such is the way of the internet. I only wish I could be inspired to
write something that as many people would want to save and pass along.

Peggie

Your excellent advice allows people to pass quite a bit along.

Another shamelessly stolen post: Eisboch General 0 June 16th 04 06:50 PM
Stolen from another newsgroup: Eisboch General 3 June 1st 04 03:55 PM
TAMPA - STOLEN SKI SBT General 0 April 15th 04 03:42 PM
They found my stolen car Bill Kiene General 5 January 5th 04 08:11 PM