Jim Richardson

Default Corned beef hash - A provisioning question

Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()
Keith

Default Was Corned beef hash -Now crabs

Hmmmm... I'm guessing we won't be having the big crab dinner at Trawlerfest,
Solomons MD in a couple of weeks then...

--

Keith
__
"Rosalie B." wrote in message
x-no-archive:yes "Keith" wrote:

$200 a bushel for non-bay crabs? Heck, maybe I should ship ya'll some of

our
Texas blue crabs... A couple of chicken necks and some nets and I'll have
'ya a bushel in no time. If you like hunting more than fishing, just walk
down the piers and if you walk real quiet, you can scoop them off the
floats.

When we moved to Louisiana (in 1960) we found blue crabs were
incredibly cheap there compared to the Chesapeake. Of course we had
to get my MIL to ship us some Old Bay - all they had there on the Gulf
was Crab Boil or Shrimp Boil. Yuk.

There is a blue crab drought in the Chesapeake this year - it isn't
always like this. We are paying about $30 a dozen for cooked hard
crabs here close to the source, and it's much more up in Baltimore.

grandma Rosalie

Joe Wood

Oh, you can have it. Just be prepared to pay and don't expect the crabs
to be Bay native.

Joe Wood

Keith wrote:
Hmmmm... I'm guessing we won't be having the big crab dinner at Trawlerfest,
Solomons MD in a couple of weeks then...

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:41:32 -0700, Jim Richardson
wrote:

Once traded a locker full of F106 nosegear hydraulic parts to the Cal
ANG for more beer and liquor that the whole ECM shop could dring in a
*Very* long weekend. The locker had been sitting in the hanger, locked,
for so long, that no-one knew what was in it. Left overs from when the
base flew F106's, *20* years before.

I used to be the Electronics Department Head of Sumter Area Technical
College in Sumter, SC, home of Shaw AFB. In the yard of the school we
had a couple of Shaw's old recon aircraft on nice display stands from
the air base. They really dressed up the place and showed our
partnership with SAFB.

About twice a month, give or take a week, a dark blue USAF stepvan
from this shop or that shop would show up at the display. Men in
working uniform would get out and put ladders up to the hatches on the
planes and went inside. They'd come out with equipment, wiring
harnesses, instruments, and other important looking pieces-parts....I
suppose to keep online Air Force planes up and running....

Kinda scary for those of us living across the street from the air base
runway.....(c;

Before the school needed the property to build more bureaucracy and
gave the planes back, they were mostly stripped out inside.....

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.