Larry W4CSC

Default Corned beef hash - A provisioning question

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 23:40:51 -0700, Jim Richardson
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:27:33 GMT,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

snip

"No, Sir, that's not a GM 6-53 diesel engine. That's a GM 6-71 diesel
engine, Sir."..........."Thank you, Sir."......

I had a LtCol ask if we could get a spare 6-71 for the maint hut genset,
I showed up with a 1ton tug, when he asked what it was, I told him it
was the container the 6-71 came in... He glared at me, but we kept the
6-71.

I always found it best NOT to tell the officers too much. It was our
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy...(c;

Remember all those nameplates you turned in on "surveyed" (scrapped)
equipment to get them out of the paper trail? NAVELEX sent a
contractor around to verify field changes, a job I later did for a few
years with Amex Systems. Good thing he was an old ETC we could talk
to. We schmoozed him into not telling on us.

Well, if your ship needs anything smaller than a 5"-38 gunmount, come
see me. I probably know where it's stored..........Bring coffee in
25# cans.

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.