posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Gary

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Bill McKee wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.. .

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...

So my "power boat" is not a power boat for rules when the motor is turned
off and I am drifting?

Bill, have you read the Collision Regulations and do you not understand
them? Have you read the correct terminology that is fully explained in
these regulations? If not, why don't you get a copy of them and read
them from cover to cover so that you are better informed before you write
such questions as you wrote above. Everything that you are asking is
fully
explained in the Collision Regulations. For example, your question that
you are now asking is explained in Rule 3 General Definitions (a)

Got that Bill?

Jim C.

Can you answer my question? Is a power boat a power boat with the engine
off or in neutral?

Got that Jim?

Power boat, underway but not making way.
posted to alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising
Scotty

"The_Giz" wrote in message
also in the top 2% percentile of the population....not to

brag
or
anything, but someone in the
post earlier questioned my intelligence, and believe me,

it's
not in
question.

Dare I ask, then why do you own a PWC?

SBV

Many of the wealthiest and most intelligent people in the world

own PWC's.
Agreed... they keep them on their yacht (s).

I especially like the shot of the two Yami's sitting alongside

Paul Allen's
Octopus.

you didn't answer my question.

SBV

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Terry Spragg

Matt Colie wrote:

Terry,

This has been amazingly amuzing, shall we divert this here to a new case?

Billy is fishing from his drifting jetski (or what ever) and a sailboat
with no sails is approaching with no change in bearing. He is not
worried because he can see smoke at he transom. After all he is fishing
so the sailboat is the burden vessel here.

What little Billy has not bothered to notice is the the line (he calls
it rope) that is drifting in front of the sailboat.

He is also absolutely certain that Colregs part 3.d means that he has no
requirement to avoid the closing vessel. If you can only read one line
at time, it might be an honest mistake.

Questions:
1 - What is proper way for the anchored ketch to avoid a collision.
2 - Why is there no standing lookout in a part 202.50 anchorage?
3 - Who is tending the barbaque? (instead of watching for boats
drifting into the anchorage?

Matt Colie

That's "barbeque", Billy.

I bet we could go on and on, but well,,, (Yawn) nawwww...

I would just let him get close, then spray him with gasoline from my
legal fire arm garden sprayer, or give him a "backside" from the
poop cannon, Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...

Terry K

posted to alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising
The_Giz

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"The_Giz" wrote in message
also in the top 2% percentile of the population....not to brag
or
anything, but someone in the
post earlier questioned my intelligence, and believe me, it's
not in
question.

Dare I ask, then why do you own a PWC?

SBV

Many of the wealthiest and most intelligent people in the world own
PWC's. Agreed... they keep them on their yacht (s).

I especially like the shot of the two Yami's sitting alongside Paul
Allen's Octopus.

If they were the only people who owned them, I would be quite happy.
Clearly, you're not one of them.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Which point would you like to wager on... wealth or intelligence? Perhaps
both?

CLEARLY you attempt to state facts when you don't even have the first clue.
Or as they say, you know not of what you speak.

Tis a shame.

Giz

posted to alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising
The_Giz

Many of the wealthiest and most intelligent people in the world

own PWC's.
Agreed... they keep them on their yacht (s).

I especially like the shot of the two Yami's sitting alongside

Paul Allen's
Octopus.

you didn't answer my question.

SBV

Because you haven't asked *ME* anything....

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising
DSK

Bill McKee wrote:
And your motor is not propelling machinery?

Maybe

What does the "propellor" do?

And why do they call it that?

DSK

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"Gary" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
thlink.net...

(b) The term "power-driven vessel" means any vessel propelled by
machinery.

And your motor is not propelling machinery?

Try reading (b) again.

And your motor is not propelling machinery? I guess a power boat like
mine is not a power boat when the motor is turned off or not in gear. So
you hit a drift fishing "Power boat" who has his motor off or in not in
gear, who is at fault.

Billy. How old are you? Is it time for school yet? When a bicycle runs
into a parked car who is at fault?

If in California the car may be at fault.
Let's ask the question about bikes and pedestrians. Refer to California.
1)You are driving down the street and a bike is coming down the other street
and runs the stop sign and you collide. Who is at fault?

2)You are driving down the street and a bike is coming down the other street
on the side walk and runs the stop sign and you collide. Who is at fault?

3) You are driving down the street and a pedestrian runs out from between 2
cars and you collide. Who is at fault?

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article . net, Bill
McKee wrote:

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
And what did the civil court award to the PWC? And you figure your
motor
is not propelling equipment?

I don't know what he figures, but unless my motor, running or not, is
turning my propeller whilst sailing for the express purpose of moving
my
vessel, then I am a sailboat.

otn

Better do a little research.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa. This from a moron operator of a PWC, to a
licensed all oceans ships master and pilot?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I'd tell Bill to get a clue, but he couldn't manage that if it was
stuck to his forehead with duct tape.

PDW

He is an incompetant master and pilot, and is only trying to project that he
has a 100 ton license.

http://www.spinnaker-sailing.com/les.../k_lessone.htm

http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~wp...g/StartUp.html